Episode 11

Yasmin was watching Alec's first speech as head of the institute. She was ignoring the few shadowhunters who were talking about Alec quietly. Something about his relationship with her. "You ok?" Sebastian whispered, Yasmin's nodded.

Jace looked round at her but she just glared at him. "What's up between the legendary Herondale twins?" Sebastian asked ignoring the others congratulating Alec.
"Nothing" she replied tersely, turning to listen to Alec.

The truth was that Yasmin had ignored her twin all week. He had reappeared at the institute the night of Simon's performance smelling of Mia. She had confronted him about it, but he had just said that he had no feelings for Clary anymore, so could go with whoever he wanted. Yasmin had hit him over the head saying it was obvious he still did. Jace had gotten angery and yelled something about her and Alec.

Neither had spoke since.

"Hey Yasmin" Alec called, Clary and Jace had walked away to prepare for their mission. "I need you to go with the two of them. The Seelie queen said she will only meet with Valentine's experiments. She requested for you above everyone else."
"What about Ajax?"
"The queen said it would be lovely to see both of you" Alec quoted his eyebrows raised. Yasmin's hadn't missed how he had completely ignored Sebastian, who had slipped away.

"I heard about you and Jace" Alec said awkwardly, after pause. Yasmin breathed in, puffing her cheeks out and then sighed. "It's nothing but Jace being too proud to admit his feelings. Also something about me and you. What is it between us? Everyone is always asking about us?"

Alec's eyes widened, "errrrrr", he stumbled backwards. "About that...yea" he stumbled over a chair.

"We should probably talk about that" he almost knocked over another shadowhunter as he continued to back away. "Over dinner...yea over dinner...I mean if you wanted to..." a jug of water toppled into the floor.

"Yes" Yasmin replied slowly to the flustered Lightwood.
Alec smiled, "Great. I'll..um..tell you a date...date as in day. Not date date" he walked straight into a column, before hurrying away through a door, leaving an extremely baffled Yasmin.

"What on earth was that!" Ajax asked as he came to stand next to her looking after Alec.

"What have you done to poor Mister Lightwood?"
"I have no idea"

———————————————-

"You think I'm pretty" Simon smirked.
"You're not" Yasmin teased as she and Ajax appeared next to Clary, Jace and Simon. Clary elbowed her.
Neither hybrid bothered to listen to Jace's dark and gloomy talk about the dangers of the Seelie realm.

"What do you think the Seelie Queen wants with us?" Ajax asked, throwing his arm around Yasmin's shoulder, gently so not the touch the slash across the right shoulder where Kaliee's knife had cut her.
"Dunno. Nothing good though. But more importantly how are things with Magnus?" Yasmin shrugged prodding her best friend in the arm. Ajax blushed muttering something about his and Magnus being 'just friends'.

They wandered through the trees in silence. The two twins still ignoring each other. There was a tension between them that even Clary and Simon who where probably two of the least observant people on the planet noticed the fued between them.

They entered the court. Ajax's arm slid from her shoulders to bow his head in respect. Jace, Clary and Ajax all knew that the small child before them was the Seelie queen but neither Clary or Simon knew that.

The Seelie took the weapons from the shadowhunters. Manacles appeared around Yasmin and Ajax hands. Clary looked panicked but Yasmin smiled at her in encouragement. The Queen knew that neither of the hybrids needed weapons to be lethal.

"Why is the vampire here? He was not invited" the Queens voice sounded like a pouting child but Yasmin knew it was all and act. Clary and Jace both defend Simon and the queen seemed convinced. Yasmin narrowed her eyes, it had been too easy for Simon's presence to be allowed. Something told her that the queen was glad the Simon was here.

The queen led the five of them into a grove where a table was set. "This will be fun" the Queen said.

Yasmin and Ajax stood quietly while Jace talked to the queen. It turned out the Queen was in no mood for business, having sent Meliorn to the council Alec was running at the institute.

"Are you sure your the only child of Valentine?" The queen smiled, "Yet the same blood flows through your veins. The blood of the angel. Please show me what it can do"
"We're still Learning how it works"
"Are you" the voice was cold and challenging.
"And you vampire are you still learning to walk in the sun?"

Yasmin cursed silently. The queen knew more than they did and she knew it. She was going to use it against them. "What about you Ajax? Have you figured out your heart's desire?" Ajax froze looking stricken at the child in front of them.

"I hear whispers from the birds, the bees and the bugs. They're all in my service."
"So was Kali. Where you surprised to hear a Seelie Knight was murdering shadowhunters?" Jace cut in
"Where you? Kali was your lover" Yamisn could almost see the triumphant smile on the Queen's face.

"Book club huh" Clary said,
"I was surprised" Jace replied ignoring Clary, "Kali didn't seem capable of such brutality"
"Exactly why she made an effective killer. That's what your twin was. Quiet, peaceful facade. Killer beneath"
The shadowhunters looked at Yasmin in horror. She met their eyes, she wouldn't hide her past, keeping the peace had come at a cost. The cost paid by both downworlder and shadowhunter blood.

"The sweeter the honey the deadlier the trap" the Queen said.
"Did Kali kill on her own, Or was she working with someone else?"
Clary asked, "Yasmin knows the answer to that. However another one helped, but I took care of him" the Queen caught the apple with a loud thunk.

"Dead. Dead. Dead" was her reply to Simon's question. She ate the apple aggressively, sharp pointed teeth appearing. The queen asked Simon to speak with her alone, Jace tried to stop her but the queen wielded the power here, not them.

Yasmin watched the queen lead him out. "I'll be fine"

——————————————-
A/N Slightly shorter chapter, I'll update tomorrow for part 2 of this episode. A big event happens later, if you know what I mean... Clace.

Thankyou so much for all the continued support. I've written the next six episode and am currently writing the chapters that correlate to episode 17.

I'm so close to the end of season 2!!!

Question of the day: Clace or Jemma??

Tess