Chapter 22

"We have a mole in the institute" Jace told Izzy gruffly. He and Clary explained what happened to Izzy.
"No one here would betray us like that. They are our family" his reasoned.

"Yea the people who were quite happy chucking me, Meliorn and Ajax into the silent city. No they wouldn't dare betray Valentine's kids to him" Yasmin spat. Izzy placed a consoling hand on her arm.

Jace glared at Lydia. "Not everyone's family. Yet"
"Slow down. We don't know if she did anything yet" Clary reasoned calmly.
"For once I agree with Clary" Yasmin agreed.

Jace turned sharply to her, "I thought you of all people would want to see Lydia under suspicion" Jace muttered. Yasmin stared at her brother half confused, half angrily,
"And what's that supposed to mean Jace" She asked.

Jace paled slightly, Izzy smirked and Clary face palmed.

"What!" Yasmin yelled angrily.
"Well you know you and Alec well...." Jace trailed off.
"What about me and Alec!" Yasmin heard her voice fuse angrily. Izzy's smirked had slid off her face,
"Aren't you jealous of Lydia" Clary whispered gently. Yasmin froze for a brief second praying that she had not blushed.

"The only thing between me and Alexander is his desire to throw me in the silent city" she stalked out of the room quickly her face growing warm as her heart twinged at the lie she had just yelled. She leant against a pillar watching Jace almost go straight over to Lydia before Clary and Izzy were able to talk some reason into him.

————————————————

Izzy sat down in a chair putting her head in her hands. Yasmin and Jace had been very uptight since Ragnor's death. Jace because of his argument with Alec and Yasmin was hiding her feeling for Alec.

But now Izzy thought about it probably she finally understood what Magnus had been trying to do for the last few weeks. It was obvious to Izzy that her brother was very fond of Yasmin. Yasmin was the first person who had made Alec completely forget about his crush in Jace. Alec and Yasmin had gotten very close up until Lydia's arrival.

In Izzy's opinion Alec's proposal to Lydia was him denying his true feelings. Alec had never been in love, he didn't have the experience that she did.

Izzy hoped that Clary was able to extract information from Lydia. Lydia seemed nice if a bit uptight at times but not at all Alec's type. Yes, she was all about rules, orders and the clave. Yasmin however, was a different person entirely. Yasmin was like Jace reckless at times, brave, loyal, and like her brother wasn't afraid to break the rules. For Alec, Yasmin was a breath of fresh air, the offer of adventure and adrenaline. She could only hope that the two came to terms with their feelings before it was too late.

Izzy gazed at the two dresses on her bed. Picking up the left one she ran it's fabric through her fingers, the aquamarine blue felt like liquid in her hands. It was light, elegant. The top of it was decorated with silver that sparkles like the oceans surface on a sunny day. While talking to Yasmin, Izzy had been able to discern that Yasmin's favourite place in the world was by the Sea. The dress was perfect for the blonde haired Wayland. Izzy hoped that Yasmin would wear it to the wedding.

————————————————-
Yasmin was distracted as she walked up the steps. She didn't really know why she had helped Izzy set up Alec's bachelor party. However it seems to have gone rather well from the text she had received from Izzy. Alec and Jace has worked things out and Jace has agreed to be Alec's best man.

"You let her break your heart my friend" were the first words that Yasmin heard when entering Magnus' apartment. Ragnor was sitting across from Magnus talking about Magnus' love life. Yasmin curled on the seat completing a triangle shape. She pulled out her phone, tapping it against her leg. She looked at at Alec's number, about to press it put shook her head quickly throwing her phone down.