Episode 16

"Whatever Elliot is guarding must be pretty important" Alec commented as he looked at Clary and Dot. Yasmin and Ajax stood next to Jace by the door.

"It's the mortal mirror" Clary said.

"Jocelyn had it"

"I know its crazy, she had the mirror and the cup. I get that my mum knew Elliot would do anything keep it safe. As a warlock he can protect it better than anyone, right. So she entrusted him with it's location"

"And Elliot entrusted it to me"

"And then Dot to me" Ajax spoke up. Yasmin leaned to look at him shocked

"So you two know teh current location of the mortal mirror?" Alec asked carefully

"Sort of. These line coordinate to specific lines in a city. I can figure it out but it will take some time"

"I can help" Ajax said showing the mark that also gleamed on his arm

"We have maps of all the lay lines. We can help you" Alec offered

"And we can protect the both of you. From Jonathan and Valentine. Those marks on your wrists, its only a matter of time before they come after you" Jace said.

"Jace and I will go to Elliot's shop, see what happened. You'll be safe here" Clary took Dot my the arm

"Be careful" the warlock warned

"Yasmin, stay with them both. If anyone comes, you're the best equipped to protect them" Alec said his hand on Yasmin's shoulder, "They won't get past the wards" Alec reassured the warlocks

Alec walked out the room leaving the three downworlders alone. "Last time I was offered protection here I had to run out before I got arrested." Ajax said coldly.

A knock sounded on Yasmin's door, she had just left Ajax and Dot in Jace's care. Opening the door she came face to face with Sebastian. "Hey" he said awkwardly.

"Hi, sorry I'm just heading out to check on Ajax, he said Magnus was coming" She said grabbing her leather jacket from the back of her chair.

"Oh, sure, yea. I just wanted to make sure you were OK" he asked

"I'm fine"

"Look I know you've got a lot on your plate at the moment, with the Clave still not trusting you and now Ajax in danger. Not to mention Valentine's constant presence and now we have Jonathan to worry about"

He opened his arms and enveloped her in a hug. "You know my offer still stands Yazie, we could pick up where we left off" he tilted her face up towards his.

"I'm fine Bastien, I've got you" she smiled up at him her palm placed on his cheek, Sebastien looked almost longingly at her.

"And you'll always have me. No matter what the Clave says or does. I'll always be here for you"

"Yasmin" Magnus' voice caused the two to break apart. Ajax was stood next to Yasmin, their hands interwind.

"We need to go and see Alec" Ajax's voice was serious, anger danced in both warlocks' eyes. Sebastian nodded to Yasmin, he kissed her forehead gently, "I better go and check on Clary, she seemed quite upset today" he said, walking off down the corridor.

"What has happened?" Yasmin asked warily.

"You'll find out in a moment" Magnus said, grabbing hold of her protectively and dragging er towards Alec's office.

When the three of them entered Alec's office the Lightwood glanced up from the tablet he was working on.

"Is everything Ok?" Alec asked looking at the faces of the wo warlocks. He glanced at Yasmin, but she only shrugged her shoulders, as clueless as he was.

"I thought so" Magus said quietly, "But now I'm not so sure"

Alec rose to his feet at Magnus' words, "What's going on?" he asked

"Tell me Alexander. From the day me and Yasmin met you. One thing I knew I could count on from you was honesty. Absolute total honesty."

Alec sighed looking uncomfortable he reached out for Yasmin, but Ajax stood between them glaring at him angrily, "Don't touch her" he spat.

"Ajax!" Yasmin gasped

"I can explain" Alec tired.

"You knew about the soul sword" Magnus asked

"I just found out. I swear"

"When. When did you know? Tonight? When I talked to you about trust? When I told you, I had given you everything you wanted including Yasmin, because I trusted you?"

"What about the soul sword?" Yasmin spike up, her voice was high, anger filtered in. why was no one telling her what this argument was about?

"Tell her Alexander. Tell the girl who you would die for. What you lied to her about" Magnus said coldly

"The Clave doesn't have the soul sword. It never did"

Yasin froze in place. One of the few weapons that could actually kill her wasn't in the Clave's hands and Alec hadn't told her. When he had hugged her saying that she wasn't going to be harmed by Valentine again. She now understood the anger in the warlock's faces.

"I was worried if the downworld found out, there would be widespread panic. It could have led to a rebellion."

"You didn't trust me to stay quiet" Yasmin yelled, "Is that all I am to you a downworlder?"

"I didn't want to ask you to keep as secret from your ...."

"My own people" Yasmin glared at him. "You knew what Valentine did to me. He made me an outcast from most downworlders and all Shadowhunter's". She felt a single tear trickled down her cheek.

"And the worst part was I was going to tell you I remembered you"

"You remember me!?" Alec gasped, his face torn between hope and sadness.

"I remember everything up to your wedding day"

Yasmin turned around, pushing past Magnus and Ajax into the hallway, Alec was yelling her name after her. She shifted into her wolf. Running out of the institute into the night, growling at anything that came near her.
---------------------------------------------------

"You're Jonathan aren't you" Clary asked the bloody creature that was currently holding a sword to Jace' sneck. Jace saw Clary was still clutching the mortal mirror tightly as he looked at Jonathan, "You're my brother. You don't want to hut me" the creature seemed to smile at her.

"If you hurt Jace, that's exactly what you'll be doing. This is what you came for isn't it" she held up the mirror.

Jace wiggled, he desperately wished they had taken Yasmin with them. Yasmin always hung back in the shadows as a backup plan for situations just like this.

"You can take this and go" Jace's heart sunk at he words, "Or you can come with us. We can help you. Whatever Valentine's told you, it's lies. Whatever happened in the past, whatever you've done. It doesn't matter"

The blade was now pressed into Jace's neck. He was not afraid, but he could hear the blood pounding in his ears.

"You're my family" Clary was crying as her voice cracked, Jace's heart bled for the girl he still secretly loved.

Suddenly a blast of power sent Jonathan flying, Dot yelled at Clary to take the mirror and go. Clary refused to go without Dot. Jace ran at the portal, grabbing Clary as they tumbled through away from Jonathan. The mirror was the only thing that mattered now, he had to get it and Clary away from Jonathan.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N A little insight into Jaces POV. It was really fun to write. I have to admit this wasn't my favourite episode ever as didn't line up with Yamsin's story.

Thankyou so much for all your support, we are almost at 100k!!

Tess