Chapter 8

The first thing Yasmin became aware of was the warmth around her right hand. Around her she could hear voices whispering, she could also smell that she was still in Magnus's apartment. "Yas?"
The voice made her eyes snap open. Blue eyes swam into focus "Jace" she croaked, drips of water fell onto her lips. Turning her head slightly she realised that her head was on Alec's lap as he dripped water carefully into her mouth.

"Easy there Yazie" Magnus warned as Yasmin sat up too quickly and Alec had to catch her. Despite herself Yasmin felt warm and extremely comfortable resting on Alec's chest. They were in the living room with Clary standing next to Jace her eyes showed conflicting emotions of jealousy and relief. "I'm fine Mag, just a little sore".

"We have to get back to the institute to find another way of getting my memories back" Clary interrupted grabbing Jace and pulling him towards the door.

"Now hang on just a minute" Alec yelled angrily from his spot behind Yasmin. She could feel he wanted to jump up but was surprised when he stayed with her. "Jace has just found his sister after years of searching and all you care about are your memories!" Alec stated in disbelief.

"I need to find my mother"

" SHE ALMOST DIED TRYING YO GET YOUR MEMORIES!" Alec yelled, Clary glared back at him her anger getting the better of her.

"Yea and whose fault was that!!!" She screamed back. Jace looked torn between his sister and the girl he liked.
"ENOUGH" Magnus bellowed blue sparks flying everywhere.

"Jace" Yasmin piped up. Immediately Jace turned to her. "Go with Clary". Jace still looked torn but allowed Clary to drag him out the room, "Valentine's daughter" growled Alec angrily.

Placing a hand on his leg which was wrapped around hers, Yasmin shook her head, "She is only doing what she thinks is right. I mean can you blame her, she's been thrown into a whole new world without knowledge or warning" she chided.
Alec sighed deeply but almost had a panic attack when Yasmin pulled herself to her feet. "Woah!" Alec yelled as he sprung up his feet his hands automatically at her waist. The sudden contact caused Yasmin to jump, tripping over Alec's foot back into his chest again.

"Ach hem" Magnus coughed looking at the two. Blushing both teenagers rolled away from each other. "Are you sure your ok?" Magnus directed at Yasmin. She nodded smiling at both males, "Thank you but I am need somewhere else". Without another glance she walked out of the apartment.

The Lightwood boy stood frozen for a second before hurrying to the door. Nodding his thanks to the warlock stumbled out the room. Magnus stood with alone in his apartment thinking. Which was very dangerous for the two teenagers that had just left. "Oh this will be fun" Magnus grinned.
------------------

"Let me take a look at that thing" Alec demanded. Jace reluctantly dropped the portal shard necklace into Alec hand. "Now it's in the proper hands" he stated walking away from Clary who turned panicked to Jace.
"Hey"

Striding into the main room Alec ignored Clary's cries, "Somewhere safe where no one will be tempted to use it" he cut her off.

Jace grabbed his Parabatai's arm, "We should use it. To get to Valentine"

"If I were Valentine I'd make it think you could rescue Jocelyn, then I'd lure Clary to me as leverage, her life for the cup" Alec stated harshly.
"And Yasmin"
Alec was midway through drawing the tube in the floor when Clary said these words. "What? You never said anything about her" Jace spun on Clary.

Clary blushes scarlet, "Those were Valentines terms, the cup and Yasmin for my mother".

Jace was deep in though so Alec ignored them as he turned to the rune again. "We've done it before. We saved Simon from the vampires" she argued. Alec almost laughed.

"Yea vampires, plain, simple, self obsessed vampires. Valentine is a real threat" he said placing the necklace on the hidden shelf. "He can't be handled by four and a half shadowhunters"

"Five. And what makes you think Yasmin is a Shadowhunter, she hasn't even got runes on her skin like you guys" Clary growled angrily. Alec hid his surprise, it was true that Yasmin had no runes but she dressed and fought like a shadowhunter.

"Whatever. Leave it there" he demanded stalking out the room.
------------------

"Mother we didn't expect you" Alec smiled as he embraced his mother. "You should be ready whether you expect me or not" she replied tersely. "I am. We are." Defended Alec standing next to Jace.

"The Sealie's have stopped communicating with the Clave. We had them send scouts to look for Valentine. No one in their realm will talk." Marsaye informed Jace, Alec, Izzy and Clary.
"I have Sealie friends" Izzy piped up
"Yes I know about your friends. Isabelle we stay separate from the downworlder for good reasons. The wrong move the wrong word. Do you think there's such a things as harmless rebellion?" Marsaye was now standing right in front of Izzy's face. Izzy met her mother's eyes proudly and defiantly. "Who knows what offends these creatures. Maybe you told him-them something you didn't know. Maybe you tread on one of their ridiculous customs without knowing it"

Jace came to Izzy's defence But Alec was suddenly distracted by remembering what Hodge had told them that Magnus' shadow, who he now knew was Yasmin was practically raised by downworlders. Would she be able to help them by talking to the Sealies?

"Natural order?" Clarys voice snapped his attention to the present. "I know how to talk to sealies" Izzy butted in confidently.
Alec came to his sisters aid, "She's right. She can talk to Meliorn and she what he knows. I can go with her if you want"

"I'd rather Jace goes along this time. Alec you stay with the Fairchild girl. I want her under control she's caused enough trouble"
"Well maybe that's because I didn't now I was a shadowhunter till a few days ago!" Clary cried angrily
"And what an exciting few days it has been" Marsaye relies tersely.

"I'd prefer to go" Alec intrupted his mother talk of maintain order. His mother turned to him cooly.
"It's not about doing what you would prefer it time to face the truth. Life is not about what you want to to it's about what must be done. I have given you your assignments now carry them out" Marsaye ordered.

"Or we could ask Yasmin, she is good with the downworlders" Clary stated, her motives clear that she did not want his mother to see her as a silly little girl which in Alec's opinion she already was. Marsaye whipped around to the red head so fast it was a miracle she didn't get whiplash.

"Yasmin. Yasmin Wayland?" Her voice was no longer strong and confident but soft and emotional.

"Yes Yasmin, Jace's sister. She was Magnus' shadow" Clary continued catching Jace shaking his head too late. Marsaye has already turned and marched out the room no doubt going to inform the Clave about the new information.

"Carry out your assignments" she called out as she left dragging Jace and Izzy out the room. Leaving a vexed Alec and a disgruntled Clary.

"Well done Fairchild you just blew Yasmin's cover and I'm sure she'll thank you for it"
-----------------
A/N sorry for the long gap between updates. I hope you guys enjoy this chapter.

I really want to foundate Yasmin and Alec's friendship before they actually start to have feelings for each other. This is because if your like me and you read Alec lightwoood fanfiction I love reading the ones when the Roman did drawings out till towards the end because if they kiss in chapter 3 I stop reading the book as it looses its excitement. I'm not saying these books are bad I'm just commenting on how I prefer to read fanfiction like this one. It is also not realistic at all that you meet a person and fall in love straight away especially if you harbour feeling for someone else (in this case her brother)

Quote from next chapter: "Oh I am honoured Alexander. You just smirked at me"

Tess