Chapter 13

Yasmin was curled on the couch as Clary rambled about knowing where the cup was. She was wary of the cup, it was one of the few things that could permanently harm her. "....people would notice"
"Valentine can control demons. I've seen it"

Yasmin almost smiled at Clary's naivety. "Opening the gates of hell thats a little more tricky" Magnus smirked. Yasmin chuckled.

"If Valentine got the cup he could have a army of not just creatures like me but also of Mundanes turned to shadowhunters" she spoke calmly.

"Yaz..." Jace muttered sadly but Luke interrupted by walking in. "Valentine doesn't have the cards. I do. There in my office at the police station"

Yasmin winced when Clary said it would be easy. The young girl knew nothing of stealth of discreteness, there was no such thing as easy in the shadowworld. As she listened Yasmin became evermore wary of the plan that the others were proposing, so much could go wrong.
————————————————————---------------------------------------------------

Yasmin tailed her brother and Clary into the police station. Unlike the two shadowhunters Yasmin wasn't glamoured, runes wouldn't work on her. Jace pulled Clary into the room where Luke was being held. She was about to follow when she caught sight of acorn green eyes. Her vision honed in on a young boy leaning casually against the wall, his dark black hair was swept over his face carelessly.

His eyes met hers. Pushing himself off the wall, he walked towards her his strides long and confident. Backing away Yasmin glanced around for Jace but he was still in with Luke. She took another few steps back stumbling over a chair legs, toppling backwards. Hands grabbed her waist pulling her into someone's chest. Glancing up Yasmin saw the boy's acorn eyes gazing down at her.

"You!" She gasped "Your the boy on the roof... a warlock.. you thr...." his hand covers her mouth stopping her from talking. He dragged her towards a small storage room. Yasmin struggled in his grip but he was strong, his steel grip around her.

The boy released her as he slammed the door to the storage room shut. Unable to reach her crossbow quick enough Yasmin settled for her seraph blade. "Stop!" The boy yelled his voice light but commanding. Almost against her own will Yasmin's hand faltered.

"Yaz. You have to remember me" he whispered gentle his eyes boring into hers. Yasmin was taken back, "I've never met you apart from the time you tried to kill me by throwing me off a roof" she cried incredulous. Now it was the boys turn to look confused for a second before his expression became guilty. "My apologies. I was not trying to kill you. Only save you"
"Save me." Yasmin said slowly her eyebrows raised.

"The wolves were coming if I hadn't knocked you out they would have found you too. Having Alpha blood in you I wouldn't have been surprised if they killed you as soon as they found out who you were"
Sighing Yasmin lowered her blade but didn't put it away. She still didn't trust the boy. "Who are you? And how to you know who I am?" Yasmin asked quietly.

"You don't remember me Yaz?"
Yasmin shook her head, a small bubble of guilt rising up.

"I'm Ajax. I've known you since we were 4 years old. You don't remember me, you, your brother and Jo..." Ajax stopped mid sentence.
"And who?" She asked suspiciously
"No one. Valentine must have wiped your memories"
Yasmin closed her eyes, now she thought about her childhood she became aware of black patches in her memory. Slowly she put away her blade.

"Something is telling me to trust you Ajax." Ajax smiled at her but it faltered when she continued, "Betray that trust and you will find yourself missing two hands before you can even think about using magic". Ajax raised his hands in surrender before opening the door leading her out towards the reception.
"After you M'Lady".