Episode 2

Alec wandered away from Jace, away from his Parabatai Ceremony. He felt like he was being drawn away from his own memory. A ghost in his own body. He made himself go up the stairs onto the institutes' balcony. The sky was pale blue a gentle wind blew through the plants, the leaves waved in its wake. A figure perched on the wall; the sound of New York traffic hummed below.

The figure's pale blonde hair danced in the wind, her black Shadowhunter leathers stood in stark contrast to the light blue of the sky. Alec felt his heart stop, "Yasmin?", his voice sounded quiet even to his own ears. She turned to face him, a smile graced her lips, lighting up her face. She gestured at him to join her on the wall. Alec carefully made his way to the wall, looking over it down the sheer drop to the road below. He hesitated to look at her, but she just smiled at him nodding her encouragement.

He carefully climbed onto the wall his long legs dangling down the wall, Alec wasn't scared of heights but the precarious position they were sitting in, made his heartbeat faster than usual. Part of him wondered what would happen if he jumped.

"If your thinking about jumping. Don't."

"Why not?"

"You're in limbo. If you jumped you would feel the pain as if it were real, but then you would just be thrown into another memory of Jace"

Alec raised a hand to his face, "This seems real enough to me. Apart from you".

Yasmin looked up sadly at him. Her hand entwined with his, her small hand providing a point of focus for his whirling mind. "Alec, I've pulled you out of limbo for now, you should be experiencing memories of Jace. He's your Parabatai."

She pointed out towards the skyline. Alec squinted seeing an image of Magnus and Izzy sat next to a bed. He was on the bed, Rag stood near the door. "What's happening?"

Yasmin shook her head again, "I can't help you with that Alec. I can't save you. But Jace can"

Alec shifted. "When I wake up, will you be there?", he couldn't hide the hope that seeped into his voice. Yasmin's eyes darkened, her smile fell off her face, darkening it. She shook her head sadly.

"Oh Alec. Neither of us are really here."

Alec's shocked outburst caused Yasmin to turn to face him fully. "You can't come after me Alec. You can't", Yasmin's tone was firm.

"You can't expect me to let you go. Not like this." He yelled at her.

"You can't get me back. I'm no longer me. Please Alexander, let me go!" She begged him. Alec reached forward to touch her face, but his hand went through, like she was made of mist. He cursed under this breath, calling Valentine the foulest names he could think of.

"How do I save you?" He pushed.

She laughed sadly, "Pray to a blue moon" she joked. Shadows gathered around them, throwing Alec into complete darkness.

Alec lay in total blackness, he felt himself slipping further into darkness. He thought he could hear voices, but they were far, far away. He felt his Parabatai rune burn, a hand closed round his.

"Entreat me not to leave thee, but to return following after thee" Jace's voice cut through the darkness. A light, guiding the way home. Alec murmured the words in his head, but no sound left his mouth.

"Thy people are my people, Thy God will be my God, and when though dies, I will die. A I will be buried, the angel do so to me." Strength flooded Alec's limbs; he could feel that he was lying on a chair. Jace's arms held him in a tight embrace, his shoulder shaking with barely supressed sobs. The quiet sound of sobs sounded from a few feet away. And yet still he couldn't open his eyes or move. A gentle touch seemed to stroke his hair, and yet he knew there was no one there.

"Fight Alexander. This is your battle", her voice whispered in his ears. He knew she was not there. She couldn't be there. But she was.

"Please don't leave me Alec" Jace sobbed. Yasmin flashed before his closed eyelids, she stood with her hands on her hips looking at him, with an expression that clearly said, "Are you really going to stop fighting now?"

Alec mumbled the final words of the Parabatai Ceremony, he eyes opening slowly as the dim light poured into them. He looked up into Jace's face as his Parabatai, his brother. Held him tightly. "Yasmin?" Alec breathed. Jace withdrew opening his mouth to say something but was cut of by Aldertree.

"Jace Wayland you are under arrest, and to be sent to the City of Bones to await a trail for high treason in aiding Valentine in a war against the clave.

"Wait what?" Alec groaned, his mind was still groggy and confusion must have been clear on his face as Jace turned around smiling sadly at him.

"Its alright Alec. All that matters is your back." Jace let himself be led away by the Shadowhunter's. But Aldertree held up a hand to halt, he looked up at Jace, "I want to know where your sister is. She dangerous and is aiding Valentine"

"She isn't doing anything. Valentine keeps her like a dog on a leash" Clary yelled, before Jace's look silenced her. Too late. The damage was done.

"I thought you said you couldn't remember anything" Aldertree smirked triumphantly. He held up his phone. "This occurred an hour ago at the port. 15 mundanes dead. No witnesses. No evidence for police to use. Only this"

He held up a ring. On the ring was the Wayland family crest. It was spattered in blood. Mundane blood.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N I'm on holiday! Its so weird as so many people are still at school but that means that for the next two weeks I have time to write and update this. I am away in July so updates will still occur but will be less frequent. But for the next two weeks updates will be fairly regular.

Really important that this chapter was told from Alec's perspective. As you can see, this book doesn't follow the show line by line but is does stick to the same general plot.

What did you guys think of this chapter? I loved writing Alec and Yasmin together again. What will happen to Yasmin? Was it really her that killed those Mundanes. How will Alec react to her now.

Comment, I love hearing your feedback. Till next time guys :))

Tess