Episode 9

"I was just looking for you" a voice pulled Yasmin out of her thoughts.
Sebastian stood smiling at her, she patted the bench next to her, welcoming him to sit down. He slid his arm round her shoulders as he sat down next to her.

"I heard from Clary and Isabelle that you've been having a bit of a hard time recently" his voice was gentle and soft, just like Yasmin remembered from the boy who she fell in love with, and yet something about him seemed different.

"Yea. What with me being possessed and controlled by Valentine, the Clave wanting me dead and being constantly watched by Imogen." She signed her head falling onto his shoulder.

"And Alec being in love with you"

Yasmin jumped to her feet spinning to face Sebastian who face was unreadable. "That's not something to joke about Bastien!" She hissed at him.

Sebastian looked calmly at her, "You don't remember him do you?"
Yasmin shook her hard tired of everyone asking her the same question. She looked at Sebastian, whose neck muscles were tense his veins sticking out.

"Are you... are you jealous?"
"No!" His reply was a little to quick.
"So if I said I wanted to go and date Alec how would you feel?" She prodded,
"Fine. Its your life" was the terse reply.
"Ok" she smiled staging the word out, turning towards the door, "I'll go and find him then".

A hand grabbed her wrist pulling her roughly back into Sebastian lap. She gasped in surprise, her hand curling on his chest as he held her waist.

Sebastian looked flushed and for the first time ever he looked flustered at his own reaction. "You know Yasmin. My feelings never changed, since you left. And I know that you could not give me what I wanted...but I...was wondering if that had changed?" There was a soft hint of hope in his voice.

Yasmin said nothing looking up into his eyes. Sebastian took a deep breath, "If you still feel the same way that you did about me, I was wondering if we could pick up where we left off...you know..."

"As a couple?" Yasmin asked quietly. Sebastian rubbed the back of his neck, red had flooded his cheeks.

Yasmin looked away thinking. Sebastian was her first love, the boy who had first made her feel like she could do anything. Yes, they had been younger but not by much. They had been the power couple of the London institute.

Sebastian would do anything for her, he had made that clear. And yet something held her back, the flashing image of a wedding and Alexander walking down the isle towards her away from a woman in white.

"Well..." she stared when Clary burst into the room. "Jace and Ajax have been captured by Valentine!" She exclaimed.
"How? Valentine is locked below with the inquisitor" Yasmin leaped out of Sebastian's lap, ignoring the hurt look that was plastered on Alec's face as he saw the two of them.

"Azazel switched their bodies. Magnus is trapped in Valentine's body" Alec explained. Cold dread filled Yasmin. "But they tortured him...they tortured Magnus" Alec reached out to touch her arm briefly.
Yasmin let him, Magnus the man who was a father to her, she hadn't even noticed. She should have listened closer to what Ajax had told her. She should have visited Magnus.

A fire burnt inside her, "Where are they?"

————————————————

Yasmin ignored Alec's remarks about Sebastian's presence. They reached the door of the apartment. Sebastian grabbed Yasmin holding her back while Alec did the same for Clary. "The wards are up"

"Look we are going to need you" Yasmin watched helplessly as she watched Clary fail at breaking the wards. She took a step forward to say something but Sebastian beat her to it.