Episode 13

Ajax stretched his hand across the bed, reaching for where he had fallen asleep with Magnus. "Magnus?" he called out. His memory was slowly coming back of yesterdays events. Having fallen on top of the table in the middle of the council meeting, he'd been forced to sit and listen to Alec trying to convince the downworlders of the peace that he envisioned.

After the meeting Ajax had met with Alec and Magnus to explain how the meeting had gone. Alec had kindly offered Ajax a bed at the institute, but he had declined, saying although they were moving towards a new peaceful shadow-world, he was a hybrid and still not fully accepted in the institute. Magnus had offered in to stay at his apartment.  

Ajax couldn't remember how they had fallen asleep together but eying the empty bottles on the counter he assumed it had involved drinking and lots of glitter.

Magnus was holding a cup staring into space, a distressed look on his face. Ajax felt his heart clench, whether he wanted to admit it or not, he was completely enamoured by the warlock, and seeing Magnus' expression was like a knife in the chest, and he knew exactly what that felt like from first-hand experience.

"Morning" Magnus smiled as Ajax entered the room pulling his shirt over his head.

"I'd say the same, but it looks like you haven't slept" Ajax replied noting the huge black bags under Magnus' eyes.

"Should I be insulted by that?" Magnus teased

"No but I think something's bothering you"

"What makes you say that"

"You haven't slept in days and Yasmin's worried about you. She keeps trying to come and see you, but Alec and the Clave keep sending her off on missions"

Magnus turned away his expression flashed to sadness for a brief second, "She has enough to deal with, what with Valentine, being a hybrid, the Herondale's."

"And the Seelie Queen"

Magnus looked up shocked at Ajax, he asked what had happened. Ajax shrugged trying to hide his own worry for his best friend. "The Seelie Queen kept her behind after the others left yesterday, she hasn't spoken to anyone since she returned"

Magnus said something about going to see her, but Ajax saw what he was doing. "Stop changing the topic Magnus. Something's wrong. Yasmin sent me a text this morning to check on you. And I trust her to know you better than anyone else" Ajax clasped Magnus' arm puling him to face him. Face to face the Warlock and warlock hybrid stared at each other. Ajax felt his magic hum at Magnus' close presence, and he felt his heart rate speed up.

"You have no idea what you do to me Ajax" Magnus breathed before turning away.

——————————————————

Yasmin was walking silently next to Jace and Izzy as Jace debriefed Izzy on what had occurred in the Seelie realm. She wasn't paying attention. She already knew what had happened and her mind was spinning to quickly. Worry for Magnus, Valentine's son's identity, the kiss in the Seelie realm and its consequences and above all else the memories of her and Alec.

Every time she thought of the dark-haired Lightwood her stomach would flip and heat would flood her cheeks. She couldn't have a crush on him...could she? And even if she did there was no way he felt the same. Guilt flooded her at how she had treated Alec over the last few weeks, like a stranger. Well, he had been a stranger to her. She almost groaned out loud in frustration.

"Izzy I can't just erase my feelings" Jace. This caused Izzy and thus Yasmin to come to a halt. Secretly a small part of Yasmin felt triumphant that she had been right and Jace was now accepting his feelings, but she saw the devastating consequences of the Seelie Queen's game for Clary and Simon.

"Do Clary and Simon a favour. Don't go there Jace" Izzy warned, Jace leaned down to Izzy whispering quietly in her ear, that Yasmin could only pick up on bits of what he said, "Alec couldn't erase his feelings.... Broken ...like me"

Yasmin walked off to join Sebastian ands Alec at a table. "I've requested we move Valentine with a guard to Idris. The clave has approved the transferee" Alec told them.

"What you told them about the assassination attempt" Jace asked

"No" Yasmin smiled at Alec, proud at him for going with his heart and not his head.

"It is the right decision" Sebastien said, his arm slipped around Yasmin's shoulders but now it felt alien to her, and Yasmin could have sworn she smelt the faint whiff of burnt skin. He felt her tense and told Alec he would go and get working on a report.

Yasmin watched him go. She remembered Sebastien well from her years in London but something about him was now so different she felt like he was a new person. She no longer felt the love and devotion for the boy she had left behind.

Yasmin listened quietly to the Lightwoods plan the transfer and then stood next to Alec as Jace comforted him, saying that Alec was born to lead the institute. Yasmin agreed fully with her twin on this point.

Jace walked away but as he did Alec grabbed hold of Yasmin, "Yaz?" he said quietly pulling her to a corner of the room. "Are you OK? You haven't said a word since the Seelie Court"

Yasmin hated how her heart sped up at Alec's proximity, she could hear his heart rate speed up. She smiled up at him, "I'm fine" she said quietly.

"No, you're not" Alec's voice held a hint of anger, he pinned Yasmin against the wall, his tall figure enclosed her. His face was so close to hers; she could feel his breath on he face. "I can't do this Yasmin. I can't watch from a far as you are ripped apart inside and I do nothing" His voce was fragile, he was trembling, "I don't care if you don't remember me. I care about you too much to stand by and do nothing"

Yasmin finally looked up into Alec's eyes, it was the first time since she had been released from Valentines control that she really looked into his eyes. Images swam in the back of her mind, Alec's heart rate picked up, she could hear it.

"Yasmin" Alec breathed his face coming closer, his eyes closed, and she felt hers flutter shut.

"Alec" Jace called from the other side of the room, "Where are you, Alaine is here"

"Dam it" Yasmin heard Alec breath as he turned away to go and meet Aline, Yasmin followed close behind.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N Yasmin and Alec are getting heated!!! Can anyone think of this shop name? (Anything better than Yalec?)

Thankyou for all your support and comment!

Tess