Chapter 15

Magnus walked towards Yasmin his expression was distracted and grim. He was holding the papers of what he and Izzy had found about the body of the foresaken. "What the matter Magnus?" She asked.

"Alec is going to get married" he said looking at her. Again Yasmin felt that small fire burn inside her but she kept her face neutral.

"What Alexander wants to do with his life is his choice" she replied calmly.

"You can't possible believe that. Love is worth fighting for" Magnus argued.

"And you think I love Alec!" Yasmin asked defensively, "Well I Don't he can do what ever he wants with his life." She finished as they entered the room where Alec was punching a punch bag, sweating and shirtless. Yasmin felt her cheeks warm up, diverting her eyes to the opposite wall.

"Magnus. Yasmin" he greeted. Alec walked towards Yasmin. When he reached her he gently tiles her chin up so that she was looking into his eyes. Yasmin was very aware of Alec's bare torso and was refusing to let her eyes drop. "Yaz I'm sorry for the way I acted today. I was angry and..."
"Hurt?" Yasmin guessed,
"You could say that" Alec nodded
"Look Alexander I get it" she said gently,
"You do?" His voice was hopeful
"Yes. It must have been hard watching Jace kiss Clary when..you know" she finished desperately. Alec face dropped, disappointment on his face.

He turned to talk to Magnus, putting his shirt back on. Yasmin tried to listen to the conversation but she was distracted, she could still feel Alec's fingers on her chin. She turned to leave catching the end of the boys conversation.

"Do what's in your heart" Magnus said smiling, Yasmin could almost feel Magnus's gaze flash to her before he turned back to Alec.

————————————————-
"Looks like you need a sparing partner" a voice cut Yasmin out if her trance, the wooden pole she had been tracing with falling limp in her hand.
"Hodge?" She guessed at the bearded man approaching. She had heard a lot about him from the others. "Why would you want to spar with me? You've never met me" she asked surprised.

"You're Jace Wayland's Sister. I've heard great things about you. And if you're anything like your brother I think I will enjoy sparing with you" he laughed picking up another wooden stick. Smiling Yasmin nodded leaping towards the man.

For three minutes they fought back and forth, conducting the same pattern. Yasmin would dance around Hodge, her movements light and agile with rolls and flips, while Hodge remained firm and stout his defence almost impenetrable. Hodge called for her to stop mid roll. He smiled at her.

"I was right. You are as good fighter as your brother but your style is very different " he complimented, "Shall we go again but this time you go on the defence" he suggested. Yasmin nodded but before either could move the wall behind Yasmin cracked open. A foresaken burst forward. Hodge and Yasmin glanced at each other before charging at it.

Both were strong but as they were only armed with wooden poles that were doing no damage against the foresaken. It's axe came down on Hodge throwing him out of the way, causing Yasmin to scream out the mans name. The foresaken then turned to her. Yasmin cursed herself as she realised he was back into a corner protecting Hodge.

Throwing her pole at the thing before her, it impaled it's shoulder, coming out the other side. She was now defenceless. The injury did not stop the forsaken, if anything it made it stronger by making it more angry. It grabbed her by the throat.
"Yasmin!" A voice yelled.
An arrow hit the foresaken causing it to drop her in a heap on the ground. The monster collapsed, it's neck having been snapped by Hodge.

Unfortunately for her it fell on top of her the wooden handle of its axe whacking her on the head painfully causing the world to spin. Through the haze that settled on her eyes she see Alec clutching his shoulder in pain. "Alec" she mumbled reaching out to comfort him. The Lightwood boy grabbed her hand pulling her out from under the creatures body. His arms circled her as he pulled her into his chest.

Yasmin still couldn't see straight, her head spun but she could feel where Alec's injury was, applying pressure to it.
"Alec! Yasmin! Are you alright?" Izzy cried out throwing herself to the floor. Alec groaned in pain, but clutched Yasmin closed to his body.
===========================
A/N Hey guys another update. May has been a very busy month so updates have been lacking but I should now have time to start completing the book. Thankyou sooo much to all for readers for taking the time to read this book.

What do you think of Alec and Yasmin's relationship? How do you think a wedding will effect and change it?

Again thank-you sooo much for reading. The next chapter will be longer.

Tess