Episode 5

Ajax remained in the shadow of the pub, his scent cloaked with a spell that he had cast, which Magnus had reinforced. "Stay in the shadows, don't come out till I tell you", Magnus had ordered him. Ajax knew well enough that he being there reminded Magnus of Yasmin who had acted as his shadow for years.

He watched silently as Meliorn entered with a few guards, he sat down nodding at Magnus, Raphael and Luke. When Luke asked how Meliorn had gotten the huge scars on his face the Seelie replied coldly, saying it was his punishment because he helped Clary enter the Queens realm.

Ajax watched intently as the leaders of the four separate downworlder groups started their meeting. The atmosphere was already cold and harsh, not helped by Meliorn's cold hostility towards everyone in the room.

"Valentine wants to use the soul sword to decimate the downworld and he needs Clary to activate it."

"And you have a plan" Raphael seemed overly relaxed despite the news Luke had just revealed.

"We can't defeat Valentine on our own but together we have a shot" Ajax thought Luke's words sounded reasonable, but he was dubious about how Meliorn would take the news.

"Whatever we do we can't let him get to Clary" Magnus' voice set Ajax heart into a flutter of nervous excitement.

"I agree but on behalf of the Seelie queen I'd like to propose an alternative" This was what Ajax had expected, it was never easy with Seelie's.

"Execute Clary Fairchild on sight" Ajax could have sworn Meliorn glanced at where Ajax stood in the shadows, perhaps he had heard Ajax's sharp intake of breath.

"Care to rethink that" Magnus said.

"You'd be rotting in the city of bones had she not insisted that we save you"

"Then consider this my way of returning the favour by killing her ill be saving you from yourselves", Meliorn looked around calmly.
"This council is biased you've all allowed yourself to becometo involved with the Shadowhunter's, Jocelyn Fairchild, Ajax Carstairs..." Magnus raised his voice saying calmly that Ajax was a downworlder. And yet Ajax heart picked up was it possible...

"Yes and no, the hybrids have both Shadowhunter blood and downworlder blood. Ad he is closely connect to Yasmin Wayland who is in turn connected to Jace Wayland. You have involved yourself in Shadowhunter affairs because of your love for the hybrids" the word 'love' echoed in Ajax's mind. Was Meliorn referring to Magnus' fatherly love of Yasmin and him or was he refereeing to something else. He cursed Seelie's ways of speaking in riddles.

"You've been spending time with Isabelle; I'd recognise that smell anywhere." Meliorn rounded on Raphael who looked surprised at the words but did nothing to deny them.

"You've found yourself a new shadow Magnus" Ajax stiffened as Meliorn beckoned him forwards, "I have another problem our queen wishes to address. The Hybrids" he gave Ajax a dirty look.

"What about them", Luke motioned for Magnus to sit back down as the warlock had risen in defence of Ajax and Yasmin.

"They are too dangerous to be kept alive. Look at the damage Yasmin has caused already to a bunch of mundanes, imagine if Valentine turns her on us downworlders. For he will. And he will use her soon. The recent attack was a message. A message and a warning"

"What of Ajax?" Luke asked carefully,

"Ajax proves to be an anomaly, unable to be controlled by the mortal cup and yet still affected by its power, I hear that you were on deaths door for months Ajax."

"Yasmin still has some control; she gave us the potion that allowed us to save Ajax" Magnus informed the council.

"Coincidently the potion that also now enables him to be able to resist the power of the mortal cup when he is now within its radius" Meliorn stated coly.