Episode 21

Yasmin growled quietly under her breath as she shifted upon seeing the tents in front of them. She knew that the Clave had plastered her face on every channel since she had revealed herself as Magnus' shadow. Or more like Clary had revealed her by accident all those months ago.

And yet she still didn't want them to see her face in the flesh, just yet. She walked proudly next to Jace as they entered the amp. It was obvious she was no werewolf so the Shadowhunter's would know almost instantly who she was, especially considering who she was with.

Jace nodded at inquisitor Malaki, he introduced them including Yasmin in his introductions. "I know who you are" Malaki said abruptly. His gaze lingered on Yasmin.

"Valentine is approaching Lake Linn, he has the soul sword and the cup" Clary informed him

"Yes, I am quite aware of Valentine's progress"

"We need to get to the water" Jace pushed,

"No. I'm afraid that's not going to happen." He turned his neck to expose a circle burn.

"You're a circle member" Jace spat. The men around them grabbed Clary and Jace. They pinned Yasmin to the ground. She growled and bit anything she could reach. They forced her into a cage. She snapped at them through the bars. Growling and howling angrily. She could hear Jace and Clary inside the tent, talking about Malaki.

She watched Malaki walk into the tent to talk to Jace and Clary. The men stayed outside, they stood near her. She threw herself at the bars, rocking the cage from left to right. She continued this for about a minute, the cage tipped over, landing on one of the men's toes.

He yelped in pain before spinning to look at her "Dirty hybrid!" a man spat in Yasmin's face, he jabbed his spear butt through the bars, hitting Yasmin in the snout. She whined in pain before grabbing hold of the stick, snapping it in her powerful jaws.

The man moved to hit her again when Malaki walked out of the tent followed by Jace and Clary who had their hands bound tightly.

"Bring the mutt" ordered Malaki.

Yasmin was picked up by two strong looking men. She sat still, now was not the time to try to escape, they were still surrounded and Clary and Jace where held by Shadowhunter's with their hands bound.

The sun had set by the time Malaki reached his destination. Yasmin barked as Jace and Clary were forced to their knees in front of tree stumps. "Don't cry little mutt" Malaki crooned crouching down in front of the bars, "Valentine has his plans for you. You'll lead our army into New York. And its streets will run with blood"

Clary gasped loudly, "My vision" she whispered. Yasmin ignored her, now was not the time to be distracted. She almost took Malaki's fingers off as she snapped forwards.

"Its going to be ok" Jace whispered to her.

"How?" Clary almost whimpered. Yasmin barked softly at her. First rule of survival: never, NEVER let your hunter know you are afraid.

"Your father won't approve. But he'll understand your deaths are necessary sacrifice. He wasn't expecting the soul sword's activation to break his control of the two hybrids. I think he'll be pleased to have this one back"

"You want mass genocide. You're the consul of the Clave. How can you let his happen?" Clary's voice trembled.

"Clense the world of demons. How can I not?" Malaki yelled at her.

Yasmin didn't hear the next part of the conversation. She felt despair well up inside of her. This was her fault, in trying to be a Shadowhunter again, even without meaning to. The Seelie Queen had been right, soon Valentine would have her under his control. He would have the Angel's wish. He would soon have Ajax under his control. Yasmin shivered. Ajax had been in a comma, he hadn't been used like she had been, but together with Valentine holding the leash. The destruction and massacre they could cause. It would be genocide of the entire Shadow world.

Yasmin howled as Jace and Clary's heads where forced onto the stumps. She fought in her cage but it but her, the silver lined into it was only now starting to take effect, her Shadowhunter blood couldn't protect her from the pain that her downworlder blood weakness caused her. She couldn't shift. She couldn't do anything.

Her barks, growls and howls made no difference. She was screaming inside desperately trying to shift. To get out. To fight.

Malaki carried an axe towards Clary. She was looking at Jace and only Jace. "Fight it" Yasmin was screaming in her mind to her twin. Clary had tears in her eyes.

Yasmin found the bond that resided deep inside her. The bond that connected her and Jace. They were closer than siblings. They were twins. She had stopped fighting. Stopped moving. Stopped breathing. Her entire being focused on that singular gold strand that connect her to Jace.

She pulled on it. Hard. Letting her strength flow down it.

Yasmin watched Jace's eyes glow gold. He acted. Breaking the chains around his hands he attacked the Shadowhunter's holding him. Yasmin seeing her chance bit off the fingers of the two men holding her cage. They had reached in to check if she was still alive as she hadn't moved for a minute.

Clary was free, fighting in the darkness. Yasmin could hear the clashing of seraph blades and blades sinking into flesh. She could smell the fresh blood that now coated the ground. She could taste the metallic substance in her mouth. She could see Jace and Clary moving through the men, fighting, winning.

"Wait please" Malaki pleaded as Jace raised a sword to his throat, Jace didn't hesitate as he slashed the blade through the man's neck. The two Shadowhunter's ran into each other's arms. "You're ok" Jace sighed, "We have to go". He ran towards Yasmin's cage, cutting it open.

"Yazzie. Find him. Find Valentine" Jace ordered her. Yasmin closed her eyes let her senses spread out around her. She focused outside the ring of blood. Then she found it. Valentine's scent. She barked, taking off into the woods in the direction of Lake Linn. Jace and Clary sprinting along behind her.

They were running out of time.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N and the tension builds!!! This episode was an emotional rollercoaster to write an I hope you guys like it so far.

Thankyiu for all your support, especially now coming to the end of season 2!

Tess