Episode 18

Yasmin was walking along with Izzy, Jace and Clary as she led them towards Sebastien's apartment, anger and betray clouded every thought in her mind, she ignored the three Shadowhunter's behind her. Her tail swished from side to side signalling her agitation, it was Jace who had realised first that Yasmin didn't want to speak and had allowed her to remain in her wolf form unchallenged.

Yasmin had helped Max because it was the right thing to do, she couldn't let the young boy die because of Jonathan. Red flashed at the edge of her vision. For weeks Yasmin had thought to herself that Sebastien seemed a different person. He was. How could she not have realised?

She padded up the stairs allowing Jace to kick down the door, her hackles where raised as they entered the room.

"Jonathan!" Izzy yelled at the motionless figure sitting in the chair with his back to them. Yasmin growled, causing Clary to look at her confused, the red head's hand gliding hesitantly down her spine. Yasmin growled again she could smell blood.

"Turn around a face us" Jace ordered,

"Where is Valentine?" Izzy asked.

They received no answer, he did not even move an inch. Izzy reached out her pole pushing the chair round. The body swung round to reveal a lifeless face. The smell that hit Yasmin caused her to whimper. This was Sebastien. The real Sebastian.

"Valentine killed him?" Clary breathed,

"He's been dead for days" Izzy shook her head,

"Tortured first" Jace said his hand placed softly on Yasmin's canine head, she felt like he also could feel her distress. This was the boy who Yasmin had first fallen in love with. The boy who everyone assumed she would end up with.

She shifted back into her human form, tears trickled down her face, itching her cheeks as they crossed them.

"No. please no." she croaked sadly, her hands gently pushing Sebastian's hair out of his face, "Don't leave me Bastien" she pleaded with the corpse.

Sebastien Varlec had been the only Shadowhunter over the years who had seen Yasmin for who she was and not just a hybrid who didn't belong anywhere. He had snuck out of the London institute to see her as often as he could.

They had met during one of the meetings with Magnus and the Shadowhunter's. Magnus had been on a visit to see Tessa. Yasmin's hood had been pulled off by Sebastian, the argument that followed had Magnus and Tessa on the couch laughing as Yasmin and Sebastian had ended up in the River Thames.

Yasmin had pushed the Shadowhunter backwards and he had grabbed hold of her arm pulling her with him. From then on, they were inseparable.

It was Sebastian who had given her the lead to where Jace was, after two years together it had been hard to leave him behind, but she had been scared of love. Scared of the Clave. If they found out who Sebastian was seeing they would have either de-runed him or toured him with the mortal sword to find out where and who she was.

Her hand came away bloodied, her salty tears mixed with his blood. She let out a strangled cry. She ignored the Shadowhunter's bidding him goodbye.

When a movement travelled through Sebastian's Cheek.

Izzy yelled Yasmin's name as Sebastien's head moved, he hissed angrily at hem, moving with the speed of a vampire. He landed on the wall glaring at them still hissing loudly.

"It's a possessing demon" Jace said

"The kind that murdered my mum"

"Then we know how to kill it" Izzy said coldly.

Izzy pulled the demon towards them and Jace stabbed him in the chest. Sebastian shook letting out an awful scream. Before he burst into fire and ashes.

"We'll make them pay for what they did to you" Izzy swore to Sebastian's body.

"We are going to make them pay for everything" Clary ground out.

Yasmin felt Jace's eyes on her, "Leave us" he told the girls. The two girls went without question. "Yazzie" Jace whispered, he crouched down. Pulling her into his arms, his hands gently turned her head to place her chin over his shoulder, making her look away from Sebastian's body.

"I can't imagine what you must be feeling right now Yaz" his voice was soft like he was trying to soothe a scared child. Even after all of these years of training and discipline Yasmin couldn't stop herself begin to hyperventilate. Valentine was slowly taking everything from her.

How much more could she loose? How much more could he take before he finally took her as well.

"I don't care what blood you have Yasmin. You're my sister. My twin. You are never going to lose me. Valentine will never take me away from you"

"What if he kills you too. I can't lose you Jace. Not after Sebastian, Alec. Even now Magnus and Ajax are in danger."

"Shhh, Valentine's not going to kill me, he never will" Jace reassured her calmly.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N This scene broke my heart, my little Yasmin. I know this scene is short but it's a really important scene about Yamsin and Sebastian's history but also about Jace's promise.

What did you guys think. How did you find the real sebastian's back story? Would you have liked to see him and Yasmin interact in real life?

Thankyou sooo much for 100k reads, it means the world to me, especially being dyslexic.

Tess