Episode 12

"With your permission we should be off" Ajax spoke when Simon returned. Yasmin discreetly sniffed him but his scent was unchanged.

Suddenly vines wrapped around Simon and Jace. Ajax fell through a portal below him. Yasmin reached for him but his bound hands scrabbled for her fingers only to slip through her hands.

"Where have you sent him?" She asked furiously.
"He'll have fallen on top of the table where your council is now occurring" the Queen answered before turning back to the other three. Chains now bound Yasmin to a tree, she tugged at them but they didn't break.

"What are you doing? Let them go!" Clary walked forwards, she was the only one of them who hadn't been affected.
"But they killed several of my kind"
"What we didn't kill anyone" Simon looked horrified at the idea.
"She can't lie. Your majesty you must be mistaken" Jace trued go remain composed while being squeezed by the vines.
"Well Yasmin didn't but I need her afterwards." The queen relented.

"I told you. The birds, bees, bugs are all in my service."
"The ant in the tree" Clary gasped
"The bug I killed?" Simon said
"But they can't seriously mean.."
"Their deaths require justice"
Yasmin growled at the Queen, a deep sound from her throat, this was what the queen had wanted all alone. There was some kind of Seelie game going on.

"Unless of course you'd rather play a game?"
"What game?"
"A game sounds better" Jace and Simon spoke at the same time.

"It's simple really, all I ask is a kiss"
"You want one of us to kiss you?" Clary asked
"The game isn't for me. Or even Yasmin for that matter. It's for you, Clary. The kiss that will set them free, is the kiss you most desire"

An hysterical laugh burst from Yasmin. She now saw the queens game. The three looked over at her but a gag had now covered her mouth. "Don't ruin the game little one" the Queen chided.

"I suggest you move quickly. Once the vines reach their necks. The boys will be dead. Dead. Dead."
"Jace was wrong, this is exactly like middle school" Yasmin rolled her eyes at Clary's statement.

"Clary just kiss me so we can go home" Simon almost pleaded, eying the vines warily. Yasmin went still her pulse in her ears, she wanted to know if it was a true. Clary threw a look at the queen before reaching up to kiss Simon.

The vines tightened. "Why are the vines still here?"
"Why do you think?" The Queen asked cooly.
"I did what you asked" a smile from the queen made the red head pause.

"You can fool yourself but not the vitus veritas." Clary turns around coming face to face with Jace. "This means nothing" she said before kissing Jace.
"It clearly does" muttered Yamisn as she watched the vines release the boys and the vine that had gagged her withdrew. The kiss became more heated as Clary cupped Jace's face.

Clary eventually pushed him away. The look that passed between the three of them rooted Yasmin to the spot. She wished that the Queen had send both her and Ajax away. This moment was not to be witnesses by others.

The Queen laughed, "I told you daylighter. They always choose their own kind"
"Why the hell would you do that?" Clary spat angrily, "It's our lives not some game"
"Best to be completely honest don't you think?"
"There's nothing honest about that".

"But there is" Yasmin thought sadly as she watched Simon's expression.
"You're highness. Are we free to go?" Jace asked.
"Oh yes. It seems one of you already has"

Simon was gone.

Jace moved forward to free Yasmin when the queen held up her hand. "Not the hybrid. We have unfinished business."
"I'm not leaving her" Jace growled.
"She'll leave in one piece. Now, unless you want to play another game you will leave now" the Queen ordered.
Jace looked like he was going to complain.

"Jace go" Yasmin looked into her twins eyes.
"Yazie.."
"Go" Jace looked longingly back at her as he rushed after Clary.

The chains slid to the ground around Yasmin allowing her to get to her feet. "Your majesty wanted to speak to me" Yasmin dropped her head in a bow.

The Queen beckoned to her to follow. She lead them back into the grove. The table had been cleared and only two seats remained. The Queen motions for her to sit. Not wishing to provoke the Queen while still in her domain Yasmin complied.

The manacles shattered as she sat down. The Queen's features flickered and her body aged before her. The Queen now looked her age, the same dark red hair and eyes but her face and body had aged. "I can now speak to you properly"
"What is it her majesty wants?"
"Nothing. I want to help you"

Yasmin almost scoffed. A Seelie never helped anyone without asking something in return. "I want to restore your memories...or at least some of them". That made Yasmin freeze.
"My memories?"
"The ones that were lost when you gave them up to save Alexander Lightwood while under the influence of the mortal cup" the Queen's voice was level, she could not lie.

"Me and Alec?"
"Yes. The two of you are quite the gossip of the Shadoworld especially with the return of a familiar face"
Yasmin's enhanced getting caught the slight pause when the Queen mentioned Sebastian.

"Say who he is"
"I cannot say" the queen replied simply. Before Yasmin could move or speak further then Queen reaches out tapping her finger against the centre of Yasmin's forehead.

She gasped as images filled her head. The memory of visiting Clary's apartment, Alec appeared in it. The two of them joking and teasing. The raid on the hotel Demort. The memories ended with Alec revealing he and Lydia where engaged.

Yasmin's eyes snapped open. She was lying on her back looking up at the smiling face of the Seelie Queen. "I have returned some of your memories"
"Some? What do you want in return"
"Nothing"
"With all due respect a Seelie never gives freely without asking something in return"
The Queen looked back at Yasmin, she was heading back to her court.

"Valentine's son decrees it"

With her words spoken she vanished in a work of fabric leaving Yasmin alone on the floor of the Seelie realm.

"Jace isn't Valentines son...who is?" She whispered to the trees. The trees swayed but did not answer. Yasmin chuckled at herself, "Your trees you don't speak"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
A/N Thankyou again for all the support.

Really hope you enjoyed the chapter. Any guesses on what happens next? Comet your thoughts.

Tess