Episode 10

"Luke?!" Yasmin yelled as she almost walked into the werewolf as he was being guided out of the room. She glances at the look on Alec's face. "Don't tell me Imogen thinks he's the wolf responsible!" She cried, turning angrily towards the door.

"I see so much of your father in you" Imogen was saying, "But those eyes, you got from your mother". Yasmin stopped dead in her tracks, her anger dying down. She had never heard anything about her mother.

"Celine was beautiful. Much like your twin. Golden hair like yours, she was so smart, so headstrong. You definitely got your stubbornness from her" Neither of them had noticed Yasmin leaning against the doorframe.

"If they could see the two of you now. They would be so proud of both of you"
"Is that's why you find it so hard to talk to Yasmin?" Jace asked cautiously. Having heard her name Yasmin withdrew slightly into the shadows. Imogen stopped looking at Jace, she turned away.

"I find it painful talking to Yasmin because she is so much like your mother. Jace if you want to know what your mother was like... just look at your twin" Imogen eyes shimmered with tears, "Her looks, her courage and her loyalty all match. It's like looking back in time. Apart from her eyes. The sky blue. They are much lighter than yours or your mother's"

Yasmin had heard enough, she pulled backwards walking out of the hallway. Her mind spinning. She caught sight of herself in the mirror and shuddered with grief for the mother she couldn't remember.

The alarm had sounded, Yasmin rushed into the main room to catch Clary's conversation, "It's not just a lone wolf. It's multiple downworlders"
"Luke was right all along this could be the start of a downworld uprising" Jace said.

--------------
Yasmin perched on the table listening to Imogen's address to the shadowhunters. Another shadowhunter had been murdered by a Warlock this time. Four shadowhunters dead, by four different species of downworlders.

Yasmin was jolted out of her thoughts when Imogen named Jace the new head of the institute. Her gaze flicked to Alec who remained emotionless. She knew from Izzy and her own observations that Alec had wanted to be head of the institute for years.

The group walked to Yasmin's who hugged her brother to congratulate him. She was glad that Imogen hadn't asked her to be head. Too many strings would have been attached to her and she didn't think the Clave would like a hybrid in charge in New York.

"The inquisitor would like us to reach out to our allies. At this point she considers all downworlders suspects." Jace told them
"She can possible think any of our friends did this can she?" Clary asked incredulously.
"Or Yasmin" Alec threw in.

Jace glanced at his twin. Yasmin felt him squeeze her hand slightly. "She can collect blood samples from all of our friends to prove their innocence.... including yours Yasmin"
"You can't be serious Jace!" Hissed Izzy. Jace looked guiltily at them.
"Imogen knows that Yazzie is innocent but the Clave don't believe her" he replied his grip on her hand a comforting presence. They continued talking but Yasmin was think to herself.

How much more did the Clave need? She had proved her innocence and loyalty a hundred times, even when the mortal cup controlled her everyone knew that she was not to be blamed and yet she was still suspected at every turn. Why?

Because she was a downworlder.

No matter what her family heritage, Valentine's experiments would always diminish her status. She wished she had just home with Ajax this morning to help Magnus recover.

"No" Alec's strong voice cut through her thoughts.
"Why not?" Jace asked confused. He shared a look with Yasmin while the lightwoods shared their own exchange.
"Jace, Yasmin, I'm a yen fin adict" Izzy admitted.
"Excuse me" Jace said slowly.
"I know" Yasmin's whispered, "I can smell it in you" she replied to the lightwoods astonished looks.

She laughed coldly. "Downworlder remember" she said icily walking away.

--------------

"That's nasty" Yasmin commented as the body was uncovered. Their runes had been cut out like all the previous bodies. Jace snorted at her while Alec elbowed her playfully. She smiled up at him and for once the Lightwood smiled back at her. His eyes danced but then he seemed to remember something and his smile fell.

Imogen turned to reveal strange syringe devices. "Now we can track downworlders through GPS chips". Yasmin took a step back a growl slipped though her teeth. She hadn't shifted since Valentine had taken control of her, but she was close to shifting now.

"What are you saying? We round up the downworlders and voluntarily chip them?"
"You're personal predicament is clouding your judgement" Imogen reasoned.
"My personal predicament has nothing to do with this" Alec snapped at Imogen. Then his eyes fell on Yasmin. "You know what may be it has everything to do with this. It was Yasmin who once told me to follow my heart and this is just plain wrong "

Yasmin looked at him confused. She had said that to him? She could t even remember meeting him. "Yasmin please leave the room for a moment" Imogen ordered. Yasmin wanted to argue but one desperate look from Jace had her storming away.

----------------

Yasmin was sitting no the table looking over at Jace, Clary and Imogen who was leaving for Idris. She had watched Mia be thrown into the cell along with Simon. She could still smell blood on Clary. Yasmin's had to give it to the red head. It had taken Clary a whole 13 seconds to leap out of bed having woken up, after being thrown off a roof.

Jace with Clary walking behind him hurried towards her. Yasmin's watched him warily, Jace's eyes burned with a strange fire.
"I was thinking about what you said"
"About me being a Downworlders?" Yasmin asked cooly.
Jace nodded. "Yaz you being a downworlder isn't a curse. We can use it. Your half werewolf. Werewolves hunt. Do you think you could track the person responsible for this?"

Yasmin pauses for a second. She looked at her twin. "You just sounded a lot like Imogen. And that's not a compliment" before Jace could reply she shifted. Landing on four paws she shook out her fur. Adrenaline filled her, it had been so long since she had been in wolf form.

The shadowhunters around the room backed into the wall. Yasmin's padded up to the body sniffing it. A slight trace of a seelie filled her nose. She took off at a run, bursting out the institute doors, almost knocking Alec over.

The trail led to an abandoned warehouse. To her suprise she could also smell Izzy's scent, another shadowhunter, a vampire and a second seelie's scent. The sound of fighting echoed from the basement. However their was the faint smell of someone else.

Yasmin bounded down the stairs. A blonde Seelie was walking towards Meliorn holding a knife. Izzy was defending her brother Max and Raphael was in the floor.

Yasmin acted without thought. She threw herself in front of Meliorn, the blade slashed her shoulder, sending her sliding across the floor. The seelie screamed but choked as Izzy stabbed her from behind.

Raphael rushed to Yasmin's side as she shifted back, her shoulder was bleeding badly. She leaned on Raphael from support. "When were you going to tell me you and Izzy where a thing?" She accused the vampire. The pain was messing with her mind.

"The knife was dirty, we need to get her back to the institute before it gets infected" Ralph was saying. He is arms curled around her knees picking her up easily. Her vision wavered before waning into blackness.

------------------
A/N The plot thickens! This chapter may not have a lot of action but it has vital character moments to explain later to why certain characters go down certain paths. Can you guess any?

Do you guy think Yasmin will ever remember Alec it will Alec have to mane Yasmin fall in love with him again?

Or will she choose Sebastian?

Thankyou for your lovely comments!

Tess