Parent Levi x Child Reader (Modern Time) ~ Little Brat

{[Modern Time]}

"I'm taking the day off, got it?"

You heard a familiar voice as you peeked your head around the corner from the hallway into the kitchen. Your father stood at the counter as he held his cell phone up to his ear.

"I don't care how much paperwork I'll have to deal with tomorrow, my child hasn't seen me in weeks! I'm staying home today and that's final, understand?" your father growled angrily as he put his free hand on the counter. You approached him cautiously and tugged on his pants, catching his attention quickly. He looked down at you for a moment before hanging up the phone.

"Is daddy staying home today?" you asked a bit nervously and quietly. You were only seven, so you were still quite small compared to your father, even though he was considered rather short. Your father, Levi, smiled a bit before kneeling down to your level.

"Yes, (F/N)." he said softly. It was unexpected at first, since you thought he'd still be angry after the phone call, so you smiled happily and hugged your father by the neck.

"Yayy~!" you squealed happily. "I'm going to have so much fun with daddy today!"

After a moment, Levi picked you up and held you in his arms for a moment. "So, what would you like to do first, (F/N)?" he asked calmly. You thought for a moment as you looked at your father.

"Can I play with mommy?" you asked cautiously. "I haven't seen her for a long time."

"I'm afraid you can't play with mommy, dear." Levi told you as he brushed a few strands of hair away from your face.

"But why, daddy? Doesn't she want to play with me?"

"I assure you, she would love to play with you, dear, but..." Levi's voice trailed off as he tried not to mention why you couldn't play with your mother. Gradually growing terrible mental problems, she commited suicide soon after your birth, so you were never able to grow up with your mother. Levi always tried to assure you that mommy was still around and that she'd play with you when she had the time, but all he was trying to do was to prevent you from knowing until you were old enough to understand. Levi's eyes began to appear glassy as you noticed and hugged him by the neck again.

"Don't cry, daddy! I can still play with you!" you reassured him. "I'm glad you stayed home from work so we could play today!"

Levi set you down and patted you on the head. "So what would you like to play first, (F/N)?" he asked again, hoping you'd change your answer after what just happened. You looked around a bit before seeing your Nintendo Wii under the TV in the living room. You tugged on Levi's sleeve and lead him to the couch in the living room. He watched you as you turned on the Wii and tossed him a controller. He examined it while you chose a game and sat down next to him.

"It's been a while since I've played this, (F/N)." Levi tried not to sound too harsh, considering this was his child he was talking to. "In fact, I don't think I've ever used this gaming system before. I've always watched you play it."

"Don't worry, Dad, I'll show you!" you said optimistically. "It's really easy, I think you'll get used to it quickly."

Levi hesitated but tilted the corner of his lips up before looking back at the screen. For the next half hour, you taught your father how to use the Wii controller. He threw it in a fit of anger once, but luckily, your innocence and fear was able to calm him down and resume playing.

"How are you so excellent at this?" Levi asked after you beat him at another round of boxing on Wii Sports. You held in a laugh and smiled.

"You'll get used to it, daddy! Soon, you'll beat me in no time!" you exclaimed happily. Levi wasn't used to the optimism since he was always at work, but he was glad to finally spend quality time with you and grow used to the optimism.