Levi x Denying Reader ~ Overthinking

{Requested by AxNutellaxTurtle}

AN:

First of all, woah. 100 thousand reads?! How did this happen?!

I was just writing these for my own entertainment, I didn't think anyone would like my stories! This means so much more than any of you think, and I have no idea how to express how much it means... So for now, thank you to those that helped me get to where I am now. I love all of you.

*hands everyone a treat* Anyone, let's continue before I get too sappy about this. Bonne lecture~! (French for 'Happy reading~!', so no one gets confused XD)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"(L/N), I'd like to see you in my office in five minutes."

You froze and looked to the Corporal from where you stood. You were in the middle of a conversation with one of the squad members, and was suddenly interrupted by Levi, the man you've grown to admire in a way that made you regret getting to know him.

"I wonder what he wants to talk to you about." The person you were talking to mentioned. You looked back at him and sighed.

"Let's just hope it isn't some sort of love confession or something." You groaned. The person, Armin, looked at you concerningly and nervously as he patted your shoulder. You had already told him your feelings for Levi, and the reasons why you regretted liking him, so at least he was acting sympathetic in the situation.

"Don't worry about it too much, (F/N)." He tried reassuring you, but to no avail.

"I'll try." You stated. "Thanks, Armin. I should probably go before I get in trouble."

Armin understood and you headed to Levi's office. Once you were inside the room, Levi looked up from his desk.

"You came earlier than I expected," He said as he stood up from his desk. Levi headed to the door and shut it. You weren't sure if he locked it or not, but it made you grow scared that he shut it in the first place. He returned his gaze to you, making you flinch.

"(F/N), I'm aware of your feelings towards me." He said calmly. Your cheeks turned red as you looked away quickly.

"Don't be too ashamed, because I return your feelings, as well."

You shot your look back at Levi, whose features were dusted with a very light pink. He approached you and raised his hand to your cheek. Before he could move any closer, you yanked your body away and fell backwards. Levi glared at you confusedly as you struggled to get up quickly.

"What the hell was that for?" He asked.

"C-Corporal..." You were on the verge of crying. "I-I'm sorry, but I can't...I can't be with you."

"Why?" He asked. You knew he was angry and upset at the same time, yet he tried keeping it behind his regular stoic appearance. It's not his fault you're like this, you told yourself, but I just can't accept love anymore.

"You...You don't understand." You grabbed the corner of his desk to help yourself up. By now, several tears were streaming down your cheeks, earning concern from the Corporal.

"There's nothing keeping us from not being together, (F/N)." Levi said as he approached you again.

"Yes there is!" You yelled. At this point, Levi was confused and internally hurt. "I...I can't! I'm sorry!"

You rushed to the door, swinging it open and running out in tears. Unaware of who was waiting outside the door for you, Armin was about to follow after you, but looked back at Levi first.