Levi x Sad Reader ~ Endless Crying

{Requested by MikariHiya}

It was the middle of the night. You sat alone in your bedroom, tears streaming down your face. It had been weeks since your crush, Levi, left and went past the wall and you haven't heard anything about him since. You've been doing this for a few weeks already, crying in the middle of the night. It was the only time you could cry and not have everyone wondering what was wrong with you. With every ounce of optimism you had, you kept reminding yourself that Levi was fine and that he'd come back soon, but the good thoughts were always knocked down by thoughts of him being torn into pieces by those titans outside the wall.

For hours, you'd sit on your bed, floor, or windowsill, either crying softly, or crying so hard that you had to cover your mouth as to not make so much noise that someone would be able to hear you from another room. Your entire body hurt from constantly clutching your chest in agony or losing all your energy and falling to the floor. Every time you'd try to calm down and stop, another flash of seeing Levi dead only caused you to restart the awful torture you put on yourself. You wanted to stop crying, but something inside made you keep going.

Once another painful night ended and the sun rose, you took the time to try and not think of Levi's dead body. You stepped out of your room, your hair in a mess and dark circles enveloped under your eyes. You were able to reach the kitchen without any questions about your appearance, but as expected, you got yet another question from a certain person that just never decided to quit asking.

"Hey (F/N), you okay?" your friend, Armin, asked caringly. You made a half-smile and nodded your head before sitting down and drinking a bit of coffee. You had developed a habit you wish you didn't have because it only reminded you of him, but you also wanted this habit, as well. You picked up your cup by the rim and drank from it, holding it like Levi would when he drank. When you set your cup down, you stared at the remaining liquid inside and sighed, knowing that this habit would be the death of you until you were positive he was alive and okay. You glanced up and realized the majority of the squad sitting at the same table as you had their eyes on you. Pretty much everyone but the Corporal himself knew about your little crush on him, but ever since he left, no one said a word to you except Armin and a few others. They all knew that the Corporal will most likely be fine, but barely anyone had the sympathy to tell you that, considering the heartbroken condition you were already in.

"Do you think she'll be alright?" one of the members asked loudly enough for you to eavesdrop.

"I don't know." another said. "Ever since Captain Levi went past the wall, she's always been like that. Do you think he's...?"

"I doubt that. I'm sure he's fine."

"Then why won't she tell herself that?"

"Isn't it obvious? She's pesimistic in that kind of situation, it's best to just leave her alone. I think we'd just aggitate her if we tried to tell her that."

You finally had enough of what they were saying for the day and got up quickly, rushing back to your room and shutting the door. A few tears accidentally slipped out and fell down your cheeks, and at that moment, you couldn't take it anymore. You couldn't put up with faking a smile and pretending like everything was okay. You were too emotionally hurt and you didn't want to leave your room, so that's exactly what you did.

{[Several Days Later]}

You weren't kidding when you said you didn't want to leave your room. Luckily, you had a bathroom in your room, so you weren't a grimy mess the entire time, but you were still too hurt to leave. Armin understood you needed time to yourself, so most of the time he'd leave food outside your door.

You heard someone knocking on your door and you groaned in response. The door opened and you looked to see Armin. "Hey (F/N)." he smiled gently. "Are you alright? You haven't left your room for a week."