chapter 44

Len p.o.v :

I ran to the hospital , after i knew that my sister finally woke up .

She's only a year younger then me but still I play the role of older brother to her , especially after my parents divorced .

My father choose to live in another country, meanwhile mother remarried again and moved to another far city .

Wondering what happened to us?

Well  being left by our beloved parents , we live with our grandparents.

It's not like they're bad people , in fact they're very nice and loving but it still not the same for being loved by your parents.

I guess sister was the one that missed the most part of love , and since she was born my father and mother began to fight more .

So she thinks it's her fault for some reason, being like that me and my grandparents spoiled her a bit so she doesn't feel that way .

But ...she got into an accident and she is in coma , only today i was told she finally woke up after three days of sleeping, thank God!

I made it to the hospital breathing heavily .

" Emma ! Thank God you finally woke up " I said running towards her .

I hugged her tightly , still breathing heavily.

But Emma wasn't speaking, neither she was looking at me. She was staring at space.

" Emma..." I called her name staring at her.

" it's okay. You're alright now, everything is fine! " I said trying to cheer her up but nothing.

She gave no reaction.

" Len...sweetheart " my grandmother called me with tears in her eyes.

I knew instantly that something was wrong ...

I walked towards her and she started to cry putting a hand on my cheek, caressing it softly .

" Emma she ...she ...c-can't walk anymore..." grandmother said and she started to cry more and grandfather came and hugged her , before he looked at me with sadness in his eyes as his eyes started to tear .

" n-no...it ..it c-can't be ..." I said slowly with shocked expression ...

This isn't happening this isn't right ...

" sweetheart ..." grandmother said with crying sound .

" no !! S-she is too young. ..too young for this ..." I yelled still shocked as I started to cry mighty and both grandmother and grandfather hugged me as we all cried deeply.

After that , I started to visit Emma every single day .

I started to talk to her more , cheer her up . I did everything i could ...god!

I even called father , who i didn't spoke with for years just to tell him to speak with her and try to make her feel better.

I looked in Internet for any possible treatment...anything! To make my little sister better...we've been supporting each other all this time .

We fought sometimes like all siblings but we never stood away from each other when any of us needed help ...

So why do I feel useless now?

Why do i feel like i can't help. That I'm powerless that I'm. ...letting her down .

" Len. .." she said as I was deep in thoughts , for the first time in weeks she spoken .