chapter 59

Victoria p.o.v :

" hey... can we talk? " Emma said with stammered voice.

I got startled hearing her talking that i remained silent , without saying a word .

"hello ? " she asked .

" y-yeah! Sure " i replied snapping out of my stupefaction .

" you recognized my voice? " she asked calmly.

" yes..." i replied confirming .

" ah... good " she said with relieved voice .

" so... you want me to come to you? Or maybe tomorrow?--- anytime that's good for you " i said awkwardly .

" no. No need. Let's just talk here " she said with firm voice.

" while i still got some balls left " i heard her saying in low-tone voice.

" sure..." i said.

There was long awkward pause , before she started to talk.

" you know--- it weren't entirely my fault " she said

" i just wanted to be loved and feel loved that's all--- bothering him weren't my intention " she spoke with sadness in her voice .

" s-so for him to y-yell at me and treat  me like that i-it really hur__ " her voice started to shake when she paused on the last word . I could hear a sniffing with the silence that were left .

" E-Emma ..." i said with Compassionately .

" shut up ...hear me out " she interrupted.

" it's true . He didn't deceive me or whatever.  But it's not like he didn't do a thing ...if it weren't for him , i wouldn't be paralyzed and heartbroken " Emma said mournfully.

" i thought of him as ideal guy. I just wanted a bit from his attention , so i tried my best to appeal to him . Yet he just ignored me . so, i tried harder but he still didn't care for me just like everyone did ...like my parents-- he just thought of me as bothersome thing, a burden. Just like my brother does too " she added with sorrow in her tone .

" that's not true " i said loudly

" it's true! " she replied louder

" i was nothing but a burden for him! Why would he care for me when all i did was bringing troubles for him? " she continued with somber in her voice .

" ah anyway ,the answer to your question: no__ he didn't lie to me or convinced me that he likes me or whatsoever. He did hurt me and resulted in everyone making fun of me and laughing on me that day though.  but i guess it was my fault to begin with. I just didn't have the courage to admit it was all on me , i shouldn't bave listened to the encouragement of the girls i used to hang with when they were obviously making fun of me. I should've stopped acting that way but ...i really wanted him to notice me ....for once i wanted to be noticed " Emma said with despair.

" i don't want to cause anymore troubles to my brother "

" you won't , Emma " i said

" your brother he loves you and truly cares for you " i held the phone closely.

"he never thought of you as trouble. You two are family and no matter what happens , i'm sure he'll never leave your side "

I remembered the day Len told me about his sister and the sadness i saw in him .

" the only thing that would trouble him is seeing you unhappy, Emma "

Emma remained silent the only thing was heard is her crying voice with a heart burn .