Chapter 24: RPD

“Good morning Rosewood. To start of the day, Ben and I thought it would be hilarious to show you footage from our very own Rosewood Police Department. Now as you see on the screen, a woman walking by with her groceries accidently manages to split her grocery bag and drop a bottle of cranberry juice all over the floor in front of the RPD. She looks at it, picks up the bottle, and walks away, leaving a huge patch of cranberry juice just in front of the place. Now that’s what I call shameful. Ain’t I right Ben?”

II should’ve guessed that Rosewoods non humour recognising News team would pick that up. I stared at my hands, which had done all the work last night. Editing, switching, merging and hacking. Half way I had given up not trying to use my injured hand and so I had to bite back the pain.

I was paying for it now.

“I really don’t know who in that news team decides what is funny or not, but they should really get fired,” a voice said beside me.

I automatically smiled. I knew exactly who that is.

“Tell me about it,” I looked up and smirked. Aria Montgomery was looking at me as we both sat outside the nurse’s office.

I had also come to a point last night where I decided my hand needed help. There was no point covering the injury up from everyone if the tape had been successfully deleted, which it had.

Wes didn’t come back. I wonder he was dead.

“You’re the new girl in my Ezr-English class right?” She said, arranging her green and pink skirt, an odd combo, that seemed to oddly work well. “The one who talked about Macbeth and the school production you had seen?”

I raised my hand, “Yup, that’s shameless me. Your Arllie, aren’t you? What are you here for?”

Your brother. It was a guess and I was 100%  positive that I was right.

“ It’s Aria. Ah- Well my brother, Mike” she said, blushing, like she was embarrassed. “You?”

Of course Aria. How could I forget your name.

I mentally winked at myself.

“Haha well,” I raised my hand, “ I kind of fell down the stairs on my second day of school. I was trying to hold my books and open the gate at the same time and then there were the stairs.”

“Ouch,” she winced. “Must’ve hurt.’

Physical things don’t hurt as much as what I could do to you.

A plan was forming around my head. A plan with lots of risks but in a way, Cece was right. The girls were the key and I was so close to grabbing it. They were a risk to my identity but would end this game sooner if I knew enough.

I could get caught.

I would never have chosen this option.