Chapter 56: Back To The Prison Age

We have five minutes to pack our bags and get out of here without any trace. But all I’m thinking about is whether Holbrook won this one. Delete the system or let the FBI know us. Either way, I had to leave.

He was one step ahead of me

But in a way he wasn’t. Because relocating didn’t mean we were leaving Rosewood. Just leaving the Lost Woods resort.

Mona is back in her creepy room ripping the wallpaper down. She has the most to do since she’s the most obsessed with the liars. Holdon’s gone to help her while Cece cleans their room. Wesley’s in our room shoving clothes into bags and I’m out here staring at the computer system when I should be taking it down.

The screens are black.

They once had words on them.

And I’m thinking why does Holbrook always haunt me?

Wesley knows who it is. I think it’s obvious by my face and I’m doing nothing to keep my emotions in. They are everywhere.

“Alice,” he says, coming out our room.

“We need to bomb this place.”

I forget those words came out of my mouth.

“What?” He is shocked. He doesn’t understand what actually happened.

I move towards the computers and begin to pack them up.

“That’s the only way,” I say. “They already know that the hack came from here. The best thing to do to get rid of our trace is to bomb the place. Destroy evidence. We’ll have to hose down the walls with vinegar spray to remove fingerprints and then we’ll have to set the whole resort on fire.”

Wesley is looking at me like I just broke. Then he leaves to get the vinegar and the gasoline and I smash some of the computers against the wall and sit down for 30 seconds just to cry.

No one sees me cry.

The FBI. This is endless. This curse that Alison put upon is endless. Why can’t I just live a normal life? Why am I so obsessed with the past that I’m drowning in it?

Oh lord. Help.

I can’t do this anymore.

And then I’m up again and sweeping the room for everything that is us and I fling bags in front of me and shove stuff in and Holdon’s in front of the door not looking me in the eye and taking the bags to the car and I think, wow, this pain never ends does it.

When I come back in half the room has been showered with vinegar and gasoline and I can see every trace of us disappear. Holdon swaps the bags with Wesley’s gasoline and goes towards Mona’s and Cece’s room to cover to shower them down.