Chapter 58: Alice Is Destruction

I want to torture Mona the way I tortured everyone else back in Ravenswood. I want to hang her by her neck with my words. I want to wring my hands out with her pain.

But she knows better.

She’s already been dealt with and left off to the side like a piece of garbage. In a way, Alison is better at me with my own game. She gets rid of her toys when they grow old. I play on with them forever.

And then they bite back the way Mona does and my tough skin is so warn down that I feel the pain now.

The pain of her words.

What a fair world this is. Torturing me with words after my centuries worth of it. How fair and unfair at the same time that I can feel it now.

“Wesley,” I choke out. “He’s a murderer. He doesn’t count.”

Mona circles around the room slowly. “Come now, Alice. Would you really have chosen him to be your partner of destruction if he was actually completely insane? If he had no sign of redemption.”

I don’t know what to do.

Because she keeps saying things that I don’t know how to answer. That I agree with. But this verbal revelation is picking at my blood.

“He is rough on the edges,” Mona says, “I admit. But he isn’t far from insane but he could be redeemed. And what? Do you think of yourself as his saviour? From saving him from the prison cell? Manipulative bitches don’t see anything coming.”

I stare at her.

And you know, the venom that was in her eyes? Well now it’s in mine.

I slowly stalk up to her and she is staring at me with a smug little smile that is growing weaker by the second and she looks at my face.

I can’t help but smile a slow oozing disturbing smile that carves my bones into drums and nails into knives. I smile a smile of one thousand dead bodies. I laugh the laugh I did when a bus of teenagers died while Alison and I watched. I reflect my grandmother’s face when Julie, my neighbourhood friend, drowned in an ice lake and all I did was stand there. 

And I think Mona realises that she picked a fight with the wrong messed up person. Because I won’t kill her. I’ll torture her with everything she’s ever touched.

Back to the girl with fire in her veins.

Alice is Destruction.

I’m not a legend for no reason.

“You know what your fault is Mona?” I slowly drawl. “How you think manipulation is a flaw.”

If words could kill, I would’ve killed one hundred.

“Do you want to know what happens when you aggravate the legend that is Alice Fiend?” I hiss.

My veins are flooding in poison.

No one threatens me.

Mona is no longer smiling.

Smart choice.

So I spoke.

“Your mother, Leona Maria Vanderwall, and father, Edward Neil Vanderwall collectively abused you so you took haven in your collection of Agatha Christie crime fiction, reading all but “Then there were none”. Your brother, Lincoln Stewart Vanderwall, died on your ninth birthday by drowning in the backyard pool because you were too busy with your nose in “History Revelations by Jamie Abraham,” to realise he was desperately calling your name. You found him the next day. Called the hospital but instead of admitting your brother, they admitted you instead. Rehab was brief. Miniscule. Unimportant. Personalities disorders are apparently easily hidden.”

She is staring at me. I continue.

“Moved houses. Thought you moved lives. But no. You changed every part of your new room apart from the teddy bear your brother kept. Formed personalities in your spare time. Thought it would help you make new friends. It didn’t. Couldn’t lose it. And then we all know what happens next don’t we? Alison. Alison changed you.”

She is staring at me like I shot her in the chest. And I’m smiling like I did.

“Don’t ever think your words could destroy me like I could destroy you,” I threaten. Her hands begin to shake and she falls to her knees and I’m still smiling. Full of poison.

And that’s how it goes. 

_____

*********

Wow. I really loved writing Alice in this chapter. She is so venomous when she can be! What do you think about Alice? Comment down below!  I would love to know.

Also, I did some massive planning for the next couple of chapters AND I'M SO EXCITED FOR IT! IT"S GOING TO BE SO GOOD!

OH AND GUESS WHAT. THIS STORY HAS GOTTEN OVER 1000 VOTES AND 50 000 VIEWS! THAT IS AMAZING! THANK YOU SO MUCH <# <# <3 

Thanks for reading! Love you alll and please comment! I absolutely love reading your comments. It makes my day every time.