Chapter 74: Control - A - Delete

As soon as I close the front door to Gabriel Holbrooks house Wesley speaks, “I deleted it, you know.”

I turn around with the keys in my hands and face him. He is standing a few inches from me and facing me like a wounded animal.

“What?” I say. I have no clue what he is talking about.

“The newspaper article.”

Ice runs through my veins. I am stuck to the spot and staring at Wesley like I’ve been slapped in the face.

Because now it hits me. What Wesley must’ve read. Annie Holbrook’s sexual assault article.

I stare at him.

He looks at me and quirks his lip, “He doesn’t know does he? Holbrook?”

I am still staring at him.

He runs his hands through my hair playfully and smiles, “Don’t worry Alice, love, I won’t tell him. Although, I do strongly dislike him, it’s cruel, to torture him with that pain.”

I breath heavily and raise my hand, “Oh dear god Wesley, if you dare tel-“

He grabs my hand and kisses it, looking up with his oozing eyes, “I told you. I won’t tell him.”

I pull back my hand abruptly and grimace, “Okay, fine. Now tell me another thing. Am I going to be waking up to a police officer at this door because of Noel Kahn?”

His eyes cracked. He smiled but it didn’t reach his eyes, “ You’ll be waking up to a police officer in this house. You know: Gabriel Holbrook. And that, well, it’s taken care of.”

I cross my arms and cock an eyebrow, “What’s that supposed to mean?”

He turns away and starts walking towards the lounge room, “It means,” he calls back, “That you won’t be waking up to a police officer at this door.”

I scowl at him and leave to find something to eat. It’s only then I realise that Wesley has taken care of Annie’s wish to get rid of that article.

Gabriel’s home an hour later. I am the one to answer the door.

He stands at the doorstep with his tousled hair and beams once he notices that it’s me. His eyes brush over me and he says, “I could get use to this.”

I cock an eyebrow, and say, “What? Your own personal door opener?”

He laughs and walks past me into the house.

“No, you living here,” he says.

I roll my eyes.

“So,” I say. “How did everything go? You know, with the police?”

He turns to busy himself with the heater. “All good,” he says. “Cece and Mona are in custody while a search squad is out for Holdon.”

I close the door just as Wesley walks in. Both the boys tense up and glare at each other. I sigh.

Oh males.

Wesley fidgets with his hands before saying, “I have come to an agreement with Alice. I will temporarily hold off my utter hate towards you for the time being, since, you did, in fact, save her from imminent death at the motel.”

Holbrook kind of just tenses even more before he catches my look, and then he sighs.

“Thank you, Wesley. You will take residence in my sisters bedroom for the time being,” Holbrook replies.

If I wouldn’t look like an idiot I would be shoving my thumbs up in the sky by now, happily.

Wesley nods, roughly and then turns towards me, “Come on, Alice. Let’s get ready for bed. I dibs the left side. You can have the right.”

Holbrook is staring openly at Wesley and I am looking at him horrified.

And it was all going so well.

It’s true that the time Wesley and I spent together during the past years we had always shared the same bed. It was more out of comfort for both of us to have someone near by. It just was always like that. We immersed each other in each others company because that is how it had always been. It was always nice just to have somewhere there for you.

Holbrook’s eyes are thunder, “Nice for offering, Wesley, but Allice will be staying with me tonight.”

Wesley doesn’t agree with that statement.

But before anything else could happen I step in between them and say, “It would really be a pleasure from both of you, but I’d rather sleep on my own tonight. Like, on the couch. Goodbye.”

 ---

Haha, Alice is still sassy!

- Also, this is a little alert that we are on the last stretch now preparing for landing (which is the ending) (SAD FACES RIGHT?)

- I Hope everyone is still enjoying the story and I love reading all the comments! It seriously makes me so happy! If you are reading this, comment down below and I will love you forever.

- A lot of you have been asking who Alice loves (which i can't answer because MAJOR SPOILER) and that will definitely be answered at the end of this book so keep reading!

- Have any questions or wants? Post them down below. Also, Holbrook meeting Alice will be coming soon since we already have our Welice meeting!

- Just wanted to thank you all again for being super super amazing! Love you ALL. SERIOUSLY!