Chapter 91: The Journey To Alison

There is a long eerie silence in the room.

No one speaks.

No one moves.

And I am terrified.

There is no answer to that question that could ever be satisfying.

If Gabe and Wes do know, and do tell, I have no hope. If they don’t, then I don’t think it would end too well either. But I’m hoping for the latter.

Because I need her.

And, If that is true, At least I would have a chance to get Alison.

And I look up and stare at Holbrook and Wesley.

Just stare with eyes that give away everything.

That say: If you tell her, you won’t only lose Alison, but you will lose me as well.

Holbrook looks away from my stare first. His face cringing in anxiety.  Then he stares back at me with eyes that say: “Either way, I’ll lose you Alice. No matter what decision I make.”

“Well, speak up,” Cece says, staring back and forth between us. “I don’t like it when people speak with their eyes. It’s quite inconsiderate for the blind.”

“I swear on my life that I won’t rest until you and Mona are dead,” Wesley chirps with venom. Cece laughs a plastic laugh and then indicates to the guards around me. One of them draws out a knife.

Both Holbrook and Wesley’s breaths hitch. They stare at the huge butcher knife.

I look past it and stare directly at them, “Dear God, Wesley and Gabe, if you dare. I swear-“

“Fine.”

It is not me who says it, but Wesley. Only he is not looking at me but Cece and Mona when he says it. He looks at Holbrook and sighs. His forehead wrinkles under frustration and he closes his eyes just for a moment before he looks straight at me but speaks to Mona and Cece.

“Alison is at Rosewood High, hiding underneath the floor boards.”

His eyes don’t waver from my face but there is an odd sadness in them. Like he has already given up on forgiveness. Like he never thought I could forgive him anyway so why not make me hate him?

I think a whole part of me breaks for all different reasons. I “think” because I can’t feel anything anymore. Feeling is too hard. Feeling is pain and I can’t help but think that this emptiness is the worst pain of all.

Holbrook looks slightly relieved. He didn’t have to say it. Wesley said it for him. But I see his face slowly morph into sudden realization through the way I stare at him.

He hasn’t escaped whatever I have to give to them now. He hasn’t escaped my own form of disappointment.

“Good,” Mona says. Then she turns to Cece and the guards, “We are taking them with us just incase. I want all of them alive until we find her. If she is not there, then we still have an easy way to make them cooperate. Restrain them properly.”

The guards nod. The one with the knife smiles at me and keeps the knife to my throat while they begin to tie me up and drag me out.

I don’t look at anyone while they drag me out even though I can feel Holbrook’s eyes on me and Wesley’s depressive mood.

Because I’m too busy.

Too busy.

Because I can’t help but think how ironic it is that Alison hid in the very same type of place she buried my parents.

How lovely.

___

AUTHORS NOTE! HELLO EVERYONE! I'M FINALLY BACK! YEAHHHHHHHH. Anyways, I didn't recieve any notification of comments or other stuff the past couple of weeks because my email failed to recieve them so I'm sorry if i haven't replied to your comments! I hate not doing that. Anyways! Love you all and prepare yourself!

*If you see this comment reply down below of what writer you think I write like! I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW!

*ALSO, I have changed my username to "ifthislovefits" as well as my profile picture to clear up confusion!