Chapter 59: HeArtless

It’s nearly midnight when Wesley and I are alone once again. I haven’t seen Mona since confronting her and Wesley managed to deliver the dinner he bought to Cece and Holdon before he walked back to our room.

I am tired and frustrated.

I’ve been sitting here for a couple of hours just waiting until the venom that’s filled my body to exit.

I am semi disgusted at myself that I allowed myself to get that bad. It’s been years since I’ve shut someone down the way I did with Mona. It is powerful, but exhausting and something I never thought I would do again.

It’s something I promised myself that I wouldn’t do after Holbrook left. Because I never realised how much I disgusted myself. Loathed myself.

Wesley doesn’t notice because he slips his hands around my waist and I shake my head. But then he starts kissing my neck and I’m telling him no but his hands are shaking and I realise that I haven’t looked at his face when he walked in.

He’s acting odd.

I try to pull him back but he is being forceful now, pushing me back on the bed.

“Wesley,” I groan, “Can you stop? I’m not in the mo-“

He pulls back abruptly and glares at me with this sudden and erupting hatred.

“Is it because I’m not Holbrook?”

I stare at him slowly. My senses begin to come back to me and I know that Wesley is acting completely odd. I speak up.

“Wesley are you ok-“ he cuts me off.

“It’s because I’m not Holbrook? Isn’t it?” He repeats. His eyes are fierce.

I face him, “Holbrook has nothing to do with this Wesley. You not being Holbrook is probably is the better thing about you.”

“So the only thing good about me is that I’m not him? So I have no other traits that make me worthy of you?”

“That’s not what I sai”

“Then what are you saying? Because right now everything you say sounds like you despise me. That you loathe me the way everyone in Ravenswood did when I killed the sports captain. I thought you were different, because you never looked at me like that after being a murderer. But someone deep inside of me I’ve just always been a simple project to you? Because no one sane will ever stand by you, you just had to test me out?”

I’m staring at him, “What is starting this?”

I say it quietly and his face reminds me of Mona’s face in which itself reminds me off how she said that I was destroying Wesley.