Chapter 65: The Boy With A Gun

AUTHORS NOTE: I HAD THE BEST TIME READING ALL THE COMMENTS FROM THE OTHER POST ABOUT WHO YOU THOUGHT IT WAS HAHA! LOVE YOU ALL. ENJOY :

----

Wesley Fitz pulls out the gun in his pocket and positions it at Noel Kahns face. And if I could take a picture, I would, because everything on Noel Kahn face says that he did no expect that.

At least, not during school, when all the students were here and in broad day light.

And his face is an exact replica of mine.

“Get up and give me one good reason why I shouldn’t shoot you.”

My hero says. But it’s odd saying that. Because Wesley was never the hero and for some odd reason, it didn’t feel like he was going to be the hero now either.

He was just a boy who decided to bring a gun to school. A boy that was unstable out of his wits, holding a gun, to Noel Kahns head.

It’s almost like Annie and I, when Holbrook left.

But this is different. Because I don’t kill with purpose, and Wesley does.

“I don’t know what you did,” his eyes flick towards me. “But she wouldn’t react the way she did if it was nothing.”

Annie is still broken in the corner, and she needs to get out. Because if she does something stupid, like jump in the way of Wesley, she’ll be dead.

And I don’t know how I will handle that.

Because if anyone moves , there dead.

Because Wesley will shoot Noel Kahn in the face. No matter who watches. I want to yell at him, “Why don’t you think before you pull out a gun at this place, at this hour with 100 witnesses? Why don’t you think before you attempt to murder someone here?” But I don’t.

Because I am scared.

This is a moment that will either make or break us. All of us and everything we lived for.

And Noel doesn’t deserve death. He deserves life long pain. Immortality.

And all Wesley does is bullets. You irritate him, and you are gone. No pain. Just a flash and a disappearance of life. You are dead.

And he is teetering over the edge.

I slowly lift myself off the floor and raise my hands.

“Wesley,” I say softly. “Put down the gun.”

The gun is trained directly at Noel Kahn and he begins to shake. It’s the first time he is truly frightened for his life. He can’t do anything. Annie is watching with a hand over her mouth and I give her a signal to leave but she ignores it.

She is so frustrating at this moment in time.

And guess what Wesley says.

“No.”

He pulls off the safety.

Sweet is dripping off my forehead and falling to the floor and Noel begins to whimper because I am pretty sure Noel knows who Wesley is. Noel Kahn is frightened of Wesley after everything he has done to Annie. And I understand him. And I understand him because I can see that he is battling with his mind to accept that he is finally going to die. Noel is disturbed, but Wesley is unforgiving.

“Please,” I beg softly towards Wesley. “He’s not worth it.”

But Wesley isn’t speaking to me. He speaks to Noel, “You don’t look like someone who should live.”

The atmosphere in the hallway is cold, dark and dripping.

And I don’t know what to do.

“If you pull that trigger, Wesley, I swear,” I say to Wesley and my voice is slowly breaking like something is scratching my throat. I am frightened and Annie is shaking because she has never seen be frightened before.

He slowly turns his head to me, “Alice. Please leave. I would prefer if you didn’t have to see this.” He lowers the gun an inch from his target but Noel is still glued to the lockers.

And then I stand there and stare at Wesley and say the words I am hoping I won’t have to say.

“If you shoot him, Wesley, I will never speak to you again. Never,” And I say it with all the fierceness I can because it is slowly breaking my heart.

A flickr of hurt flashes through his eyes but his hand raises the gun back to it’s position.

“I can’t let him go Alice,” he whispers, “I hope you will forgive me.”

And I don’t know what to do.

And I don’t know what to do but pull out my gun from my pocket and aim it at Wesley’s head.