Chapter 71: Shiver

Holbrook was driving this time as we headed back to his house. The road was dark and it had become midnight so quickly. He sat in the drivers seat while I sat in the passengers. Only a strip of buttons and levers separating us.

I shivered.

The roads were nearly abandoned. Perhaps they were the first to notice how distracted Holbrook was.

Ever so often I would catch his eyes flicker towards me and every time it did the car would slightly swerve to the left.

I raised my eyebrows playfully at him with a small smile on my face, “Keep your eyes on the road and stop looking at me.”

“No,” He smirked, looking at me with teasing eyes. “I haven’t looked at you in years.”

My veins began to coat themselves in ice. Completely and utterly consumed by the look he was giving me.

I broke the gaze first and let out a breath I didn’t know I was holding. I turned back to face him to say, “Well I’m here no-“

His face was less than 5 centimetres from mine. His lips were less than 2. I could feel the soft breath against my own. His right hand was lazily holding the wheel and his left arm was snaking around my waist and brushing against the bare skin of my hip.

It was his eyes that killed my lungs.

Drenched in desire.

He reached forward and pressed his lips against mine. Softly first, and then hungrily in the next and then he was drowning me in all his love and I was letting him.

The car started to drastically swerve and my left hand instinctively came up to the wheel to swerve back the other way.

Holbrook was killing me.

His lips left mine and began to trail down my throat while his hand snaked its way underneath my top. I. couldn’t. breathe.

The car left the road and onto the grass but every sense I had was being utterly consumed and controlled by Holbrook. Everything.

He undid my seatbelt in one second.

I started shaking. Gabriel’s grip tightened around my waist, drawing me towards him in one big sweep, hitting the lever and pulling the car into park and pulling me on top of him.

I straddled him while he brought his lips back to mine.

Then it was war.

He tugged against my clothes and I tugged against his and then we were pushing each other up against car doors and car seats and kissing again and again and again and again.