Chapter 78: How To BAckHand Bitches

“Do I look alright?” Alison had said to me the night before the annual Ravenswood Halloween ball.

“I don’t know Alison,” I said. I remember that I was crossing my arms and leaning against her bedroom door. “This is your night to show me what you’ve got.”

She threw me a wicked smile as she looked at her self in the mirror. The black lace was fitted to her body almost perfectly. Both Alison and I know that it would have looked better on me.

“And what happens when the student, me, surpasses the teacher, you,” she had said.

“I would quite surprised if that happened,” I had laughed back. I remember that I was trying my best to stop the pride shining in my eyes from showing. “ To reach my level of greatness one needs to have quite some finesse. Which I don’t think you have.”

Oh, she had it. I just didn’t want to admit it back then. Or back now.

“Well,” Alison shrugged, “I must’ve passed something for you to let me orchestrate tonight.”

“I won’t lie. That is certainly true. Let’s just say you are the only one to get this far.”

***

There is a certain point in your life where you look at yourself. Truly look at yourself. And feel like the world has ended.

Because I’m staring at my reflection on the garbage can and I just know that I am truly ashamed of myself. But I couldn’t be more prouder for Alison.

Messed up is when you hate yourself and love someone you made.

I am truly messed up.

***

I don’t have clothes to get changed into and there is blood splattering my clothes that It would most certainly cause attention. But I walk into school anyway.

There is a book that someone has dropped on the floor and I pick it up so it actually looks like I somehow have something to do with school. I shield the front of me. The back of my clothes were slightly dirty, but other than that, no blood marks were obvious.

The book is Macbeth.

I almost laugh until I remember how angry I am with Ezra Fitz for selling me out to his brother and who knows who else.

I am a normal Rosewood student. At least I would be if you minus the dishevelled appearance, shaking figure and highly alert freakishly moving eyes.

I don’t know where Aria, Spencer, Hanna and Emily are but I make a bee-line towards Aria because she is the only one I truly made friends with.

And I’m lucky and not so lucky.

Because Aria is standing at her locker next to Mona.

I nearly rip Macbeth.

But I miss the confrontation because Aria looks entirely pissed at Mona, and I guess she says something back and then she is gone. Leaving Aria standing by herself.

I nearly sprint up to her.

Aria looks up at me but for some odd reason, not in a kind manner. For a second I think it’s just the after effects of bitching Mona until she says.

“Don’t ever talk to me or my friends again,” She hisses.

I am taken aback.

And then it clicks. Ezra.

But I’m not bothered anymore because eyes are starting to look at us and I need Aria to be quick.

“Aria please,” I grab her by the shoulders and she pulls away, disgusted. “ I don’t have much time to deal with you and your murder story writing exboyfriend. You need to tell me where the hell Alison Dilaurentous is and now.”

Aria Montgomery is staring at me. Her eyes finally brush along my arms and she finally gasps.

The blood on my arms is obvious from the front.

My eyes are all emotions of pleading.

“How much do you know?” She narrows her eyes at me and I grab her by the shoulders and shake her.

“Tell. Me. Where. Alison. Is. Now,” I screech desperately. Sweat starts to rebreak across my whole skin.

For the first time, Aria Montgomery looks scared of me.

And then a hand grabs me on the shoulder and pushes me away from Aria.

I am staring into Hanna’s eyes. “Don’t touch her,” she hisses. “You stupid lying bitch. How the hell are you involved with this?”

I almost laugh, “Oh Hanna dear, I’ve been involved in this from day 1. So just shut the fuck up and tell me where Alison is before I feed you to the sharks.”

Now Hanna is staring at me.

Then I do something I probably shouldn’t have done.

I pull back my hand, and backhand her across the face.

People are definitely watching right now.

I am breathing like I just ran mountains and I know these attempts are futile so I just pull back Macbeth and slam it on Aria’s face as well.

Couldn’t leave her out of this one.

Everyone is looking at me like I am Alison and I throw them a beauty queen smile acquainted with a wave.

But that all pauses when I see Wesley Fitz leaning again my lockers wall.

Staring at me.

Not looking happy at all.