Chapter 64: Kahn You Stop It

I can’t begin to feel how Annie feels. And the only thing I know is that there is this fire burning up inside of me with pure unadulterated hatred for Noel Kahn and his whole being.

I want him tortured.

I close everything on the computer safely and stand up. Wesley is still looking at me from the door and I know he see’s the abrupt change of my mood. Because I’m back to venom self.

I wonder if Gabe knows about this. About what happened to his sister.

And I think not. Because I may have known Annie for a brief moment in time, but she was selfless. She wouldn’t make her brother worry like that. Who would do that? She would’ve done anything to prevent him knowing. Even if it was something ridiculous like joining..The A team.

Oh. My. God.

Wesley doesn’t ask me if I’m okay because he knows I’m not. I storm past him into our room and grab the doona and walk back out. I give him a flick of a glance, “I’m sleeping on the couch tonight.”

But I lie. Because that whole night my eyes burn the back of my eyelids so I can’t fall asleep. Because who the hell can fall asleep after finding out what I just did?

Not one being in the world.

***

I am late to school. I don’t know why since I didn’t sleep at all and I look like someone has just shot me in the bloody face. I don’t see Wesley that morning.  I am glad.

I don’t want to see anyone.

That’s why I have a gun in my pocket.

I walk into the school just as the bell goes off. I don’t even head to my locker because there is only one place I want to go. One place.

Noel Kahn’s locker.

And when I turn the corner, there he is. Standing at his locker while the hallway clears, talking to Annie. And Annie stands there, not looking anyone in the eye and just shaking there. Like she’s trying to not show anyone how afraid she actually is.

He. Has. The. Bloody. Nerve. To. Talk. To. Her.

And, I think I’ve lost it. Because my bags just fall out my grasp, and I move up to him, grab his throat and slam his head on the wall.

And maybe this is all just a bloody good dream. But it’s not.

And I won’t stand for people like him. Never.

But the thing is. I was never a good fighter. I fought with words. Not fists. So what I was doing was full of flaws.

I think that’s when Annie noticed me, because she looked at me with wide eyes and then began sobbing hard. I grabbed her arm and pulled her behind me.