Chapter 28: Guns and Wounds

You know that feeling you get when you assumed something’s will never happen to you, but then they do.

Well I was drowning in that.

Grunwald was right. I was losing my game.

The A team had somehow reached out to me. They knew me. I was right about one thing. Cece had failed me once again.

Then out of nowhere a black bag fell from the heavens and into the side of the alleyway I had returned back to.  I raised my hand and gave Wes the finger without even looking at him. I heard his laugh as he left.

But I wasn’t so enthusiastic. I was shaking. I waited a couple of hours until I was sure the police weren’t going to come back  and it was dark enough to hide myself.

I took the bag and changed quickly into my black suit. I pulled out the weapons and shoved them into my pants. I put the rest of my clothes and my frantic thoughts about A back into the bag and securely hid it behind the dumpster.

I knew well enough that If I travelled along the side of the building in the shadows I would get to my apartment and I wouldn’t get caught. So I did just that.

I reached the back of my apartment, opening the secret door that I had engraved to the side of the house which connected to the fireplace room. I opened it swiftly and crawled in.

The room was just how I left it. You could hear the soft whirring of the computers that I hadn’t bothered to shut down. I moved over the desk, pulling at the second drawer which held my USB.

I had to clear the system but I wanted it all backed onto my USB. I plugged it in to the side of my universal keyboard and watched it slowly upload my files while deleting the ones on each computer.

It would take at least five minutes for all the files to upload so I moved over to the entrance that lead into my apartment. Then I opened it.

Have you ever looked straight into the barrel of gun? I hadn’t until now.

Have you ever looked back into your ex-lovers eyes?

Holbrook was standing in front of me with a gun raised to my head.

What an odd world this was.