11 - Seeing Him

It's about to get juicer.

Su Ju's POV

The past week has been completely filled with so many events.

I dropped out of one of the best colleges in Seoul.

I went viral on YouTube.

I became a part of EXO.

EXO hates me.

But there is one person from EXO that's now my friend.

And now my mother wants me to sign a paper to take her out of Life Support.

Today was Friday, and it was lunch time. This was the only time I could make it to my mother amidst my insane schedule- by the time I was done practicing by myself, it was too late to go see my mother and she would definitely be sleeping. I wouldn't want to disturb her.

I walked out of the small dumpling shop with my mask covering my mouth.

Recently, a lot of people have been noticing me. People's videos of me were still up on YouTube and I was still gaining a lot of popularity. Nobody knew I was the one who had replaced Lay, but all of the EXO fans already knew that someone had replaced him.

When I walked into the hospital, I signed in. A nurse came over and gave me a small stack of papers. If I signed those papers, my mom would be taken off Life Support and there was no way I was doing that.

As I entered my mother's room for the first time in a few days (the longest I've ever been without her), I began to tear up.

She looked so...

Weak.

Fragile.

Broken.

I gasped.

"Eomma..." I whispered as a tear slide down my cheek. How many times had I cried this week?

"Su Ju come here..." My mother weakly said.

I carefully brought my mother's head up.

"I am not taking you off of life support, eomma." I said somewhat sharply as I squeezed my mother's hand lightly.

"Su Ju, you haven't come to visit me in a few days. That's been the longest we haven't seen each other. And the only reason of why you wouldn't come is either because you have your own life or you're very busy with work...I'm only a burden. Please, my son...take me off of Life Support."

"Eomma...have you heard anything about EXO recently?" I asked her, looking around to make no one was listening.

"Only that a new member was found to replace Zhang Yixing, why?"

I took a deep breath in.

"That was me. I'm replacing Yixing. I did it so that I could earn money because I got fired from my other job. With the money, I can pay for your life support." I said, biting my lip.

My mother gasped as her eyes widened.

I knew what her reaction would be.