31 - Giving, Part I

Su Ju's POV

Christmas.

To so many people, the word would ignite a spark within their hearts and eyes.

Christmas was a time of giving and loving.

But I was never given or loved.

When I was younger, I remembered very little parts of my family's Christmases. My real family's Christmases.

With my brother, father, and mother.

I remember going out to play in the snow. I remember laughing and giving my brother piggy back rides.

But all of that was gone.

My most recent Christmases have been spent out on the streets, trying to earn money to have an average dinner with my mother at the hospital.

But maybe...just maybe,

It would be different this year.

~

"SU JU GET UP IT'S ACTUALLY CHRISTMAS TODAY!!!!!!" Chen yelled, flopping on my bed. He looked at me with eager eyes.

"Murry Chrsms." I said, my voice muffled by my pillow.

"Manager Hyun said that after we shot an interview at 3, we could do whatever we want! Which means that until 3, WE CAN ALSO DO WHATEVER WE WANT!" Chen yelled.

"THEN WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP!?!?" I whined.

"BECAUSE IT IS TRADITION FOR THE EXO MEMBERS TO OPEN THEIR PRESENTS IN THE VERY EARLY MORNING OF CHRISTMAS DAY!"

"I'm not even an EXO member..." I muttered.

"Yah." Chen looked at me with the most serious face I had ever seen. "Don't say that."

We were silent for a few seconds before Chen broke the silence.

"C'mon, Kyungsoo made us breakfast, let's gooooooo!" Chen yelled, literally dragging me out of my bed.

When we walked downstairs, all of the EXO members were eating scrambled eggs and bacon.

"Merry Christmas~" I said, smiling.

"Merry Christmas." Replied the members.

"Chen, you wake us up super early every Christmas Day, why do you want us to suffer?" Xiumin asked.

"LET'S OPEN PRESENTS!" Chen yelled.

"Seriously, how much energy does he have?" Jongin grumbled.

The only other members who were excited for Christmas besides Chen was Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Chanyeol was always happy and I guess for Baekhyun, Christmas was a special day.

We all gathered around a Christmas tree and sat down as we were handed out gifts.

I had done my Christmas shopping for the other EXO members, but I didn't really know what to get them. I ended up getting them a lot of clothes and accessories. They were pretty expensive, so I'm hoping that they will all be satisfied with the gifts. Besides that, I stayed up all night creating Christmas cards. I didn't write much, but I drew a lot.