Chapter 47 - The "Right" Thing

"I am?" Su Ju asked.

"Yes." Ye-Jun replied.

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" Manager Hyun asked.

"He's China's best model...look at that jawline." Eun Jae said, fingertips tracing Ye-Jun's jaw. Ye-Jun brushed her hand away with a look of disgust, then proceeded to take a tissue out of his pocket and wipe his jaw.

"I am Su Ju's half brother. It's my job to protect him."

"This is up to Su Ju, not you. What do you say Su Ju?"

"I-I don't know. This is all a bit much right now."

"Alright, well I'll leave the application right here." Manager Hyun put a folder of papers next to Su Ju. "Get the application in as soon as possible. I hope to see you audition." Manager Hyun left.

"Su Ju...are you really considering going back to the music industry?" Ye-Jun asked.

"I mean..I love singing...and playing instruments...and the pay is really good..."

"Money is not a problem, Su Ju." Ye-Jun said.

"Would you be okay back in such an industry? Especially after what happened?" Baekhyun asked.

"Excuse me, but weren't you guys the ones who caused the entire problem in the first place?" Eun Jae butted in.

"As much as I hate to say this, this is all completely up to Su Ju. No matter what, I'll be there to support you, even if I don't agree with you decision." Ye-Jun said.

"Back to China..." Su Ju murmured.

"If you were to come with me back to China, you could resume your studies and live an easy going life. I would introduce you to my mother, and I know that she'd be happy to accept you."

"I do miss my home..." Su Ju said.

"Here, how about you visit my home in China for a month or so? Then you could decide." Ye-Jun proposed.

"Really!?"

"Wait a second. Waaaaait a second. Su Ju, you just met this guy like what, ten minutes ago? How do you even know if he's lying or not? Maybe he's just using his reputation to get into your pants!" Eun Jae said.

"Huh?"

"How rude. Who are you again?"

"Su Ju's girlfriend. I have been for years. I'm also a very famous actress and a model myself."

"Really? Never heard of you."

"Excuse me!? What do you mean!? I'm probably about as big as you! You egotistical fu—"

"I can get the documents proving that my biological father is your step-father if you don't trust me, Su Ju."

"No, no. It's okay. I believe you. I don't know why...but I just trust you."

"Probably because we met beforehand."

"What? We did?"

"It was a really, really long time ago."

*8 Years Ago, When Su Ju was 14*

Su Ju's POV

What a beautiful day!

Mommy is going to get married to the man who she loves!

She's finally going to forget about daddy! She's finally going to be happy for once! How exciting!

"I'm sorry."

"Huh?"

Who is this person?

Why is he holding my hand?

Why is he crying?

"I'm sorry...I'm sorry..."

"Why are you apologizing?"

"Don't trust him...don't trust him..."

"Who? Don't trust who?"

"Him." The person pointed at my new daddy.

"Why?"

"Just...don't..."

I couldn't help but feel bad. This person felt so...broken.

"I'm sorry...allow me to regain my composure."

After a few seconds, the boy calmed down.

"My name is Ye-Jun. I'm your step brother. That man," Ye-Jun pointed at my dad. "Is my dad."

"Oh...s-sorry?"

"Don't apologize. I hate him."

"Why?"

"He's evil, and mean, and disgusting."

"But he's so nice."

"No, no he's not. Don't be blinded by his fake kindness."

"Um...okay."

"I'm 16. You're 14, right? Call me oppa."

"But...but I'm a boy."

"Oh. I'm sorry—your face just looks like a doll—it has feminine features."

"I'm wearing a suit!"

"Anyhow, you can still call me oppa."

"No! You're my Hyung! Hyung!"

"Ok."

"Ye-Jun! Come here. Let's go home and eat ice cream. This ceremony is too fancy for my liking. And this dress is very scratchy."

"Ok! Sorry I have to go! What's your name?"

"Su Ju."

"I'll come back for you Su Ju!"

~

"Oh. I completely forgot about that. Sorry...hyung."

"Maybe I will go back to China. I haven't been back home since we moved..." Su Ju said.

"All the travel fees are covered. As soon as you want to go, I'll get the closest ride there."

"But if I were to go, I would need to pack everything."

"No need. I bought you clothes. And toiletries. Your phone was destroyed when you fell into the water."

"Maybe...maybe I will go there then. I know this seems like a really quick and unwise decision, but I actually really miss China. Maybe I'll see some of my friends back there."

"But what about me!?" Eun Jae screeched.

"What about you?" Ye-Jun asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Your face is so beauti—I mean you can't just leave me here!"

"Yes we can."

"Su Ju!"

"Would it be possible to get Eun Jae a ticket? ...Hyung?"

Ye-Jun sighed very heavily. "Ok."

"When will we leave?"

"Whenever you want. We can leave today if you'd like."

"Why not?" Su Ju asked. "But I have to be discharged."

"I'll go file the documents right now."

"Back to China!" Eun Jae said, excitedly. She hugged Su Ju tightly. "I'm going to go pack, bye sweetie!"

"Bye~"

Su Ju was soon left alone in his room.

"Aren't there former members of EXO in China? Maybe I'll go visit and see what they know."