Chapter 6- New house

I squinted my eyes open to an annoying and obnoxious beeping sound... which I then worked out was actually my heart. I was lying on my back quite uncomfortably as a bright hospital light shone directly into my light blue eyes.

I looked to my right to see all the boys from last night asleep on the hospital chairs. Colby had his head resting on his hand which was on the arm rest. He sat closest to me, almost next to my head. Sam was lying with his legs dangling over one arm rest and his back against the other, Elton was sitting normally with his head dropped back and his mouth hanging open as he snored quietly. Corey was also sitting normally with his head resting on his right shoulder (I don't want to think about how stiff his neck will be later).

I looked at the digital clock that sat beside me on a small white table next to the bed. It read 7:30am making me groan internally. The rooms door quietly creaked open and the same nurse from yesterday strutted in. She flicked a bigger main light on and cleared her throat which made all the boys spring awake, they looked at me then the nurse as they slowly came to life.

"G'morning, just going to do the last checks and then you will be discharged," she explained coming over to me and checking my IV. "What's your full name?" She asked while looking at my cast, "Riley Blake," I answered. "And when is your birthday?" She asked again, "2nd of July, 1999," I answered as she took my IV out and helped me sit up. After shuffling around me and checking various things she stood in front of me with a reassuring smile.

"Great, you are okay to leave when your ready," She said giving me a last squeeze on my shoulder. "Thank you," I politely said to her. She walked out the room and Colby stood up next to me. "Ready?" he checked and I nodded as a reply. We started walking out of my room when a huge pain went through my chest where my ribs are. I doubled over in pain and gasped uncomfortably.

Colby stopped next to me and placed his hand comfortingly on my back. "Do you want me to pick you up?" he asked with worry clear on his face. I wasn't sure as I felt a bit weird asking him to, but this was painful as hell. I shyly nodded my head and he gave me a reassuring smile as if to say that its okay. Colby awkwardly put his arm behind my legs and shoulders and hoisted me up bridal style. I winced in pain but tried not to make a big deal out of it, I can deal with a bit of pain. I muffled my pained gasp as tears sprung to my eyes, but I wouldn't let myself be weak enough to cry in front of them again.

Colby walked out the hospital doors with ease, like I didn't weigh much to him. He manoeuvred through the multi story car park behind his friends as they located the car. "I think we're on the wrong level," Corey said making Colby sigh. "Elevator is over there," Elton observed as we went that way. I felt bad that Colby was holding all my weight for this long, as we huddled in the small elevator, but he dismissed my pleads to put me down for his sake. We got to the fourth floor and the doors opened automatically, Colby walked out and headed to the left where i saw the same car from yesterday.

Colby put me in the back seat in the middle and he hopped in next to me, Sam was on my other side, Corey was in the passenger seat and Elton was driving. We pulled out the car park and I tiredly rested my head on the back of the chair. The events from last night replayed in my head as I fought them to go away. How could I have trusted Mitch? Why would he do this? After all the good memories we had, I really thought he was the one. My head throbbed from the drastic thoughts, so I tried to block them out. I didn't realise I was drifting to sleep until I felt Colby place my head gently on his shoulder which was a lot more comfortable. I felt him look down at me and he draped his arm around my shoulder. I stiffened slightly, confused with my half asleep state but soon realised he was just comforting me.

"We don't have a spare room at the moment so you can sleep on the couch, one of our rooms and we'll sleep on the couch, or you can sleep in one of our rooms on a pull out bed," Elton said after a while of awkward silence. Realising he was talking to me, I lifted my head tiredly and nodded, "The couch is fine, thank you so much ," I mumbled as I gently placed my head back on Colby's shoulder.

"Okay, and while your with us the rules are... have fun at all times, don't be afraid to ask for anything and please keep the doors closed as we have two dogs," Elton also explained. "Okay," I answered smiling at the first two and the thought of having dogs around. I know for a fact I won't ask for much after what they have done for me already.

"Oh and be careful, we have a mega prank war happening at the moment and it is crazy," Corey said looking back at me with a smirk. "Greaaat," I sarcastically said giggling. I felt Colby chuckle and I looked up at him and we made eye contact. We gave each other a small smile and I felt myself blush so I looked back down. I slept for a bit until Colby shook me awake as we pulled up to a giant house and my mouth fell open in shock. This was not what I had imagined.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SHOUT OUT TO: Book_Nerd70 for the support and friendliness you have shared!
🖤🖤🖤