Chapter 49- A Bomb That Was Waiting To Explode

A/N- Shout out tooooo cutexcolby !!! Thanks for your comments and votes Xx Means so much to me.
—————

I stared at the ground of the elevator, I wasn't in deep thought...more deep numbness. I couldn't even think straight enough to realise the elevator's doors had opened. Luckily it was 2am and no one was around to judge me. I walked sorrowfully down the boring corridor to where I saw Sam and Corey sitting on the chairs against the wall of Colby's room. "Riley, thank god you're back we were worried. Why didn't you answer your phone?" Sam asked and I shrugged. "I needed some time to myself," I replied and he nodded. "Please listen to me, everything you said is untrue. We all love you like family Riley, so what if life has changed a bit since you came, we said from the start we'd protect you. I know Colby so I also know he is laying in there and not regretting a second of saving you. And do you realise, if you had run away from us to keep us safe, Colby would of searched the whole world for you? He loves you Riley and I bet loosing you would hurt him more than that knife ever could. He was broken when you had your fight. I'd never seen him like that. He needs you in his life and that means I-we need you in our lives. Do not blame yourself Riley. Do. Not." Sam said sternly standing in front on me. I nodded sadly and hugged him, which he returned. "I love you guys too, I'm so sorry I went off at you Sam," I whispered. "It's all good, you've been going through a lot lately and not letting your emotions out. Practically a bomb that was waiting to explode," he joked and I laughed while agreeing. I felt another pair of arms wrap around me, Corey's usual big happy brown eyes had only sadness in them. "He'll get through this, I know it." Corey said, I'm not sure if it was to himself or us but it was comforting to hear.

-
It had been 3 days since that night. I haven't left the hospital, I've hardly left his side only when going to the bathroom or letting the guys have their own time with Colby. They have been in and out the hospital, usually going home for a rest or to sort things out. Weirdly the whole situation seemed to of made us closer because we needed each other for support. Kat and Devyn has visited a lot too, they brought me some things like chargers, snacks and things to do from home. They are all pretty worried about me, but they needn't be.

"Riley, I think you should go home, even just for a couple hours," Elton who was currently in the room with me advised. "I'm not leaving him Elton, he wouldn't leave me," I stubbornly replied. "He wouldn't want you sleep deprived, hungry for a proper meal and...no offence.... needing a shower," Elton continued to push. "Look if he's not awake in 2 days I'll go home for a couple hours, I promise," I say ignoring all the points he made. Kat brought me deodorant so I can use that- gross I know but you'd probably feel the same in this situation. "Okay, if he's not awake by Friday night I'm getting you a meal out and bringing you home to sleep for the night," Elton clarified while holding his hand out for me to shake in agreement. "If you must," I grumble while shaking his hand.

-

"I'll be back tomorrow morning Colbs, I promise," I said while kissing his cheek and squeezing his hand. I waited hoping for him to squeeze back but he never did. I let go of his hand gently and walked out to Elton who held his car keys in his right hand. "Nothing will happen," Elton promised and I nodded in appreciation. "Now where do you want to stop? McDonald's? A diner? Completely up to you," Elton asked. "McDonald's is fine if that's what you want," I replied as we made our way out of the hospital and to the indoor car parking area. "Sure thing," Elton confirmed while unlocking his car.

We sat quietly, with the music playing softly. "Do they still have no idea when he'll wake up?" Elton asks me while focusing on reversing out of the full car park. He changed gear into drive and I shake my head, "No, all they said was a bit more colour has come to his face which is good," I reply thinking of the slight bit of news that made me the happiest person alive in that moment. "I suppose that means his body is responding to the new blood then?" Elton asks and I nod, "yeah he is, but if his body has a reaction and refuses the blood suddenly, it could end badly."

We continued to chat until we reached the McDonalds not too far from our house. I got out the car and closed the door while enjoying the sun on my face for the first time in a while. We walked silently to the McDonald's and went in line. I stared at the menu boards that showed the different meals, but I knew I'd get the same thing as I always do. After ordering and collecting the food, Elton and I sat together at a table. Elton was telling me about TFIL and the future adventures he wants to go on. It was nice that he included Colby and I in all his plans. He was talking like Colby had taken a quick break, and would be back soon. And that's what his fans thought too. Sam had told me it would be a good idea to post on his story that he's having a break from social media and doesn't know how long it will last. So I did, with a plain black background and the little message, I posted it (not forgetting to write that he loves them all). All over social media there is confusion, people posting edits of the message and arguing over why it's happening on twitter. But their was nothing I could do, and hopefully if- when Colby wakes up, he'll post a video explaining.

"But yeah I think New Zealand would be fun and maybe that creepy island of dead bodies? It's called Poveglia," Elton said bringing me out of my thoughts. "That's why you're a strange man Elton, you're like let's go to New Zealand and do adrenaline activities like bungee jumping and a giant swing, then lets pop over to an island where 75% of the soil is peoples ashes and suicide was normal on a daily basis," I said which made him do his high pitched laugh. We finished the end of our meals and threw the rubbish in the trash. "Home?" Elton asked and I nodded tiredly, it was only 6pm.

We arrived home after a short drive and went to the front door. Opening it Circa came over to greet us. I knelt down to pat her for a bit then decided i need to take a shower. I went up to my room and sighed at the comfortable looking bed, then dismissively decided the shower comes first. Grabbing a towel and change of clothes, I headed to the bathroom. I think all the other guys were out. Sam and Corey had to do something then Sam was going to stay with Colby tonight.

I warmed the shower up and stripped my clothing off. I stepped under the water and it felt amazing. My body relaxed as a sigh fell from my lips. My body, especially my back had gotten so stiff from the waiting room chairs. I'll admit I had a long shower- which I know I shouldn't of but I couldn't help it. It was nice to have washed and controlled hair, well as controlled as mine can get. When I was out the shower, I put on the Nike leggings and hoodie I had grabbed earlier from my room. After brushing out my hair and putting on some moisturiser I headed out the bathroom. To my left I saw Colby's room, the door was closed and I would be surprised if anyone had gone in recently. I put my hand on the handle and opened the door, his curtains were open but no light was coming through as the sun had set by now. I switched on the lights and headed to his closest. Me being me, I grabbed his black Now or Never hoodie and slipped off my hoodie to replaced it with his. It smelt of him. I walked over to his bed and sat on it and just went on my phone for a bit. I couldn't be bothered going to my room and I'd gotten used to sleeping in Colby's room, so I lay down and fell asleep instantly.

-

I woke up startled. My phone rang from Colby's bedside table, Sams contact showed up in the middle (We'd all swapped numbers for my new phone). I grabbed it and saw it was 6am as I answered. "Hello?" I said my voice still laced with sleep. "Riley I think you need to get to the hospital," Sams worried voice filled my ears. My mind raced with a load of possibilities, has he woken up? No Sam sounded sad. Is he getting worse? Is he still- Still with us? "Riley?" Sam asked pulling me out of my thoughts. "What happened?" I asked quietly as my hands shook. "Colby's had a bad reaction to the new blood, a rash has formed from his neck and all of his chest and stomach. His body won't take the blood."