Chapter 51- Together

I smiled happily as Sam and Colby embraced in a long lasting man hug. I sat on the chair next to Colby's bed as all the roommates flooded in to see him. It was 6am and I was beyond tired, but I had the best sleep I've had in weeks, probably because I was back in Colby's arms.

"How you feeling man?" Corey asked as the broke out from the hug. "I mean I've been better," Colby replied with a chuckle. He was still tired and very weak, struggling to hold his head up and keep his eyes open. "Just glad you're okay bro," Elton replied after hugging him. Colby offered a weak smile in return. "Any idea how long you'll have to be here?" Aaron asked. Colby flicked his eyes over to me as if asking me to answer. "Well at least a week, maybe more. Just depends how he does in the physio therapy appointments that start tomorrow," I explain to which the boys nod. "As long as he can walk and is capable of doing simple things himself they'll let him go," I also add on. "Do you remember what happened?" Elton asked while leaning on the hospital wall. "I remember going to the police station vaguely but I don't remember the attack," Colby mumbled. "He's on pretty heavy painkillers, they're making him drowsy," I tell the boys. They nod understandingly.

It wasn't long until Colby was completely taken over by sleep. "Is he in a lot of pain?" Sam muttered sadly, "no, that's why he's drowsy, he can't really feel anything," I said while grabbing Colby's hand that lay by his side. We sat around the hospital room for a few hours just chatting about anything and everything while Colby slept calmly. A knock on the door brought us out of our hilarious conversation about future videos we'd do. A nurse walked in and I gave her a welcoming smile, "Hi, I've just got to wake Mr Brock up and have him eat something while I check his vitals," the nurse explained and we all nodded and got out of her way. It was nice to see the roommates all smiling and laughing again, getting back to there usual selves. The nurse shook Colby's arm gently until his eyes fluttered open. He looked around drowsily then to the nurse. "Hi Mr Brock, I've got you some lunch and I'm here to check your vitals," she re explained herself. She starts pressing the buttons on the hospital bed so it lifts Colby into more of a sitting position. "Just got some strawberry yogurt and an ice block, are you able to eat that yourself?" She asks him while holding it out to him. Colby nods and grabs the yogurt and spoon from the nurse.

She starts changing his drip and checking the heart monitor as Colby eats. He send me a disgusted look as he had his first taste of the yogurt. I giggle as he continues to eat it but doesn't like it. The nurse asks him some questions and does some mental exercises to see his ability to remember short term things. Colby seems to pass fine which is really good. "Alright guys, I'm all done here," the nurse states while putting the ice block on the table for Colby to eat after. "Thank you," Colby said as she walked out the room.

"Sorry Colbs but I might go home soon, Circa hasn't been out the house since this morning," Elton says sounding a bit guilty. "Yeah I've got something things to do at home as well," Corey says. "But I can come pick you guys up later," Corey offers to Sam and Aaron to which they nod in agreement. "You coming home tonight Riley?" Elton asks giving me his usual stern look. "No, I'll stay here thanks," I reply smiling. "Riley, you should go home," Colby mutters while looking at me concerned. "She's only been home once since you got here," Elton disapprovingly told Colby. "But what happened that one time I left? We had to rush back early in the morning because something went wrong. So there is no way I'm leaving again, I've got food, a shower and everything i could need here," I argue which makes Elton sigh in defeat. "You got yourself a keeper," he laughs to Colby. Colby agreed while patting the bed for me to go sit next to him. I comply and make my way to the bed and do so. "See you tomorrow Colby," Corey says while walking out the room with Elton on his tail.

"Thank you," Colby mutters quietly to me while giving my hand a squeeze and kissing it gently. I smile at him as he rests his head on my shoulder. "Who's up for a game of uno?" Sam offers and we all agree.

-

Colby fell asleep again during our games of uno. He slept soundly with his head rested on my shoulder as I made small movements in our card game. 6pm rolled around quickly as we played games and watched TV.

"I just got a text to say Eltons here," Sam started while looking down at his phone. Aaron nodded in acknowledgment while standing up along with Sam. "Are you sure you don't want to go home Riley?" Aaron asked giving me a worried look. "No thanks, I'm happier here knowing he's okay," I confirmed. "Alright, call us if you need anything," Sam offers. Sam patted Colby on the shoulder gently as he left, while telling me to say bye to Colby for him and Aaron when he wakes up.

I went on my phone for a while, scrolling through social media. Sam posted a message saying that Colby is having a break from social media but he is okay and happy. A lot of confusion from the fans was taking up most of my social media still, even though the announcement was made the day after the accident. People tweeting what they think has happened (me being blamed a lot), others making edits and some spreading horrible rumours.

I read one tweet that hurt a lot.

~

@colbysbaee
It's @Riley_Blakes fault. Colby would be happy and still making YouTube videos if she didn't come and ruin it all. She's changing him and trying to tear him from his fans and keep him for herself. She's a selfish bi*** that no one wants.

~

Well it's true. It is my fault. Without me Colby wouldn't be here in the hospital. He'd be happy and laughing while making YouTube videos with his roommates, not lying here in pain.

I was drawn from my thoughts when I felt a hand wipe the tears off my face that I didn't know had fallen. "What's wrong Ri?" Colby's sleep laced voice asked softly. I looked down to see him staring up at me with concerned eyes. I gave a small smile, "nothing, just glad you're okay," I lied. "Please don't lie to me Ri," Colby's voice cracked as he spoke so weakly and quietly, it hurt me to hear. More tears fell which Colby gently wiped away. "I can't help but blame myself, Sam and everyone has told me it's not my fault...but of course it is. You wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me, you wouldn't be hurt and you wouldn't of nearly died. I ruin everything Colbs, I've ruined your life," I rambled as tears freely flowed down my cheek.

"You don't honestly believe that do you Ri?" Colby muttered in disbelief while trying to sit up a bit. "You don't understand do you? You don't realise how madly in love with you I am. You don't realise that you're the reason I wake up and smile everyday. Before I met you, i was happy but something was missing, since that day we found you... I knew I had to protect you. You're the most gorgeous, hilarious and all round perfect girl on this planet. Don't you realise I'd go through the pain of getting stabbed a million times if it meant saving you? You're my everything Ri, nothing matters to me as much as you do. Nothing," Colby says. It's the strongest he's sounded since he woke up. The whole time his blue diamond eyes stared into mine as tears still fell. I gave in and collapsed gently into his chest. I cried silently into his necks as he held me close. "I love you so much," I cried hugging him tightly where I wouldn't hurt him.

"We're going to be okay Ri, I know it." Colby muttered In my ear. And I believed it.

We fell asleep snuggled up with each other like usual, I just hope Colby's physio appointment goes well tomorrow.