Chapter 46- Police Station

Alright this is a very special shout out..... To angie_6842!!! Since we started talking and swapped SC, you and our other new friend (who will get a shout out in next chapter) have been SOOOO much fun to talk too! You guys are great friends to obsess over Colby with and just to chat!

--------

Rileys POV***

I woke up to the feeling of strong, protective arms around me. A feeling I was happily becoming more familiar with every morning.  I was laying on my stomach with my head rested on Colby bare chest, I could  hear his soothing heartbeat and even breaths.

I looked up at him and took in his breathtaking features, how could someone so perfect exist? And why would he want to go out with me? Last nights events played in my head like a broken record. My phone was charging on his bed side table, I was drawn to check it but I was comfortable and didn't want to wake Colby.

I lay there for another hour just pondering life and wondering how I was lucky enough to be with Colby. He stirred in his sleep and his beautiful eyes squinted open tiredly,  "Morning," I whisper. "Morning gorgeous," he replies with morning voice, while the nick name made butterflies erupt in my stomach; a feeling only Colby could give me.

"You want to go to the police station today?" Colby mutters in my ear and I nod hesitantly, "I'm scared," I whisper pathetically. "I'm not going to let anyone hurt you, ever. Remember?" Colby reassures me but I shake my head. "I couldn't care less about what happens to me, I care about you and the other roommates getting hurt. He's threatening your safety more than mine," I answer as my voice cracks.

"We'll be just fine, the police will sort it out," Colby says while pecking me on the lips. "I think my phone must have something in it so he can hear what we're saying. He would have had many opportunities to hack it or put a tracker in it when I was dating him," I whisper very quietly so only he can hear.

"That'd make sense," Colby agreed while tightening his grip around my waist securely. "But he saw us hugging in the kitchen and my panic attack, so he had to be around," I whispered once again and Colby noticeably gulped. "Yeah..." he said in deep thought, "You don't deserve any this Ri," I shrug and cuddle close to him, "Sadly I don't have a choice."

---

"Ready?" Colby asks as he stands at the front door holding it open. "As I'll ever be," I mutter as he wraps his arm around my shoulders and we walk to his car.  We get in and I play music off his phone as we head towards the nearest police station. Every second we got closer my nerves increased, and I think Colby could tell as he intwined his hand with mine and rested them on my leg.  "We're doing the right thing," he confirmed, even though it sounded like he was telling himself that too.

"What if he knows we've gone and he's going to hurt the roommates now?" I worry as I feel my chest get tight. "No..No.. Sam was awake and I told him what was happening and to be careful, he'll tell the others," Colby said. I nodded trying to stay calm as we pulled into the car park of the intimidatingly big police station. We got out and Colby held my hand as we walked in.

"We're here to file a stalking and abusive problem?" Colby said unsurely to the front desk lady. "Alright. I'll get an officer with you as soon as possible," She answered while motioning to the waiting room. Colby and I sat down and my knee started shacking up and down, a habit I do when I'm nervous. "Alright you two, this way," a man in a police uniform said kindly with a bright smile. He lead us to a comfy looking office, with chairs for Colby and I opposite the officer. "Alright please start from the beginning."

After I (with the help of Colby) explained the situation in strong detail, Mitch and I dating, my family, the night at suicide bridge and the text threats. "I can see proof in the system that this did happen that night at suicide bridge, but he could not be found," the officer said looking at his desktop computer. "Do you have these messages and any photos of him on your phone?" he asked and I nodded. I turned my phone on and watched as the apple logo popped up. I turned it off completely in hopes that Mitch's listening device only worked when my phone was on.

I showed him the texts/screenshots of texts and some photos of Mitch and my family. I gave him the addresses of my family and Mitches house, then any other details I thought would help. "Is there any chance we can keep your phone Miss Blake? It would help greatly and keep you safer if you got a new one," the officer proposed and I nodded.

"I'll do whatever you thinks best," I conclude. I take my password off and give him the phone. "Okay I think I've got everything I need, may I please have your contact number Mr Brock so I can keep you updated?" He asked and Colby gave him the number. "I promise your case will be top priority Miss Blake. Get yourself a new phone and keep doors and gates locked at all times. Maybe get some security cameras if possible and make sure you're with someone twenty-four seven," the officer concludes.

"I will, thank you very much," I say while we all stand up and shake hands over the table. Colby and I go back towards the front counter and smile at the woman as we leave the station. "You alright?" Colby checks and I nod. He kisses the top of my head before we get in the car. "Want to go to the mall and get you a new phone and some security cameras?" Colby asks.

"Oh, I don't have enough money. Its fine-"

"My treat." he buts in.

"No Colby, a boyfriend treating their girlfriend is like... a trip to the cinema or a couple flowers...not a new phone and cameras. I won't let you."

"Its fine, and you need to be able to contact us for your safety anyway. And the cameras are for all of us okay?"

"Colby, n-"

"Yes, I'm going," Colby stubbornly says while pulling out the car park. "Fine, but seriously... I am paying you back every cent when I get a job," I bargin and he shakes his head, "Whatever you sayyy," He sing songs and I huff playfully. "You're the best, you know that right?" I ask and he grins. "Anything for you," he cutely replies. "Now, to the mall."