Chapter 43- Date Night, Colby Styles

Shout out tooooo veemart !!!! Thank you so much for your comments! They were hilarious and so kind which made my day, and your insta edits are sooo cool Xx

--------------------------

"Colby we're in the middle of no where," I giggle after an excruciating long 3 hour drive. Outside the window all that was visible was the road that Colby's car lights shone on. I could see the outlines of trees like a forrest on either side of the lane we were driving down. "I know where we are. I think," Colby says but mutters the last part. I give him a raised eyebrow look and he just chuckles, "I'm kidding."

The cars clock showed it was 12am so I closed my eyes and rested my head against the window. "Don't go to sleep now, we're about 15 minutes away," Colby tells me, "Okay, wake me up in 14  minutes then," I mutter and hear him sigh jokingly. After a couple minutes Colby shakes my leg so I open my eyes and see we're in a abandoned looking town. "Only you would bring a girl on a date to an abandoned town," I laugh and he nods in agreement. I look around intrigued, how did this small town full of normal looking shops become so lifeless. Colby turns into a car park and parks in the middle of it. He gets out the car straight away and grabs the bag as I also step out.

I look at the building we're in front of. A big sign that would've lit up in its day said Bowling in big red letters. I smile as he grabs my hand, and starts running to the building. "Colbyyy," I laugh as he drags me to the door and crawls though the small hole at the bottom of the door. I follow him through to see a bowling alley which was weirdly still in good shape...well against everything else in this broken down town. "This worked last time..." Colby muttered as he walked to an electrical box on the left wall. After a few seconds some dim lights lit up the room enough to see clearly.

"This is awesome," I say as I take in the old retro theme of the bowling alley. There was a bit of graffiti but no more than what you'd expect in an abandoned building. The dust coated bowling balls and pins sat in the right positions, and the colourful chairs for players to sit on crowded around the alleys. A counter stood against the back wall with a computer that looked to be one of the first ever made on it. A small snack bar was also next to the counter that held packets of crisps/chips, some of which I'd never heard of before. "I know right, we have the whole place to ourself without the fear of getting caught or heard, there is no one in miles of this area," Colby replies while giving me an excited grin. I could really tell this was the stuff he lived for, adventuring, traveling and having fun. "Lets start the video," Colby suggests while placing the camera on said counter. 

"Hi Guyssss, It's me Colby Brock and I am here with another video for y'all. As you can see I'm accompanied by my always gorgeous girlfriend Riley..." Colby introduces the video while standing next to me, his words making me blush and smile as I awkwardly wave to the camera. "Today I have taken Riley on a date but of course I had to add a Colby Brock twist to it and bring her too an abandoned bowling alley in the middle of absolute no where," Colby laughs and I do too. "Sorry I didn't film the way here but its a 3 hour drive and was frankly quite boring content wise. But anyway hit the like and subscribe button and let's have some funnnnn," Colby says fluently like he's said it a billion times, which lets be honest... he has.

Colby grabs the camera and we walk towards the alleys, "Sadly none of the alleys work, the lights are the only power generated in this building...somehow," Colby explains. "Still Fun though," I answer.

"And we can get the bowling balls back by going through that door to the back of the machines," Colby says while facing the camera towards a plain door that was along the back wall next to the end of the alleys. "Think of this place in its day, full of life and music, couples and families having fun while eating those snacks and having a good time, no phones or anything," I daydream aloud. "I know, it's sad to see it like this really," Colby replies while facing the camera in a 360 circle to show the whole room. "Yeah, the whole town almost gives me a saddened feeling, you know? The whole place just gone to waist. What happened to it anyway?" I ask facing Colby.  "I looked it up last time when Sam and I came, and it said the town was too secluded and as kids were born and raised, they'd move away to find job and have a life away from the small town. Slowly people faded away until there wasn't enough people to sustain a well working town. I guess everyone just left eventually."

"Wow, wonder why they chose to make the town anyway."

"I guess they just thought it'd take off and become a big town or something."

"Yeah, probably."

"Alright we're at a bowling alley with the whole thing to ourselves, I think we should have a game, don't you?" Colby laughs and I nod happily, finally getting out of my deep thoughts. "You're on," I challenge playfully while going over to the bowling ball rack. I pick out one that's the right weight for me and wonder over to Colby who was setting up the pins in the triangle. "We should try some trick shots after," Colby suggests, "Sounds fun," I reply while helping him set it all up. Colby sets the camera up at a good angle then walks over to his bag where he pulls out a speaker. I laugh as he proudly looks at me while setting it up and playing a random mix of songs off his phone.

"Ready to loose Blake?"

"I was about to ask you the same thing Brock,"

-------------------

It was 6am when we had finally finished messing around. We had played endless games of normal bowling, done some trick shots, danced around stupidly to the music, danced with each other stupidly to the music and explored around the building looking at old documents and pictures. We were now lounged around on the uncomfortable plastic chairs. "Want to go lay on the back seats in the car and get a bit of sleep?" Colbys asks and I "mhmm" in agreement but  don't move. Finally I stand up, only getting the will to do so because the back seats of Colby's car sounded more comfortable. We pack away all the stuff into Colby's bag and do a quick outro to the video. Colby turns the lights back off and we walk to the door together and I squeeze through the small gap again.

The sun had just started to rise enough to leave a little pinky glow over the horizon, but the sky above was still black and full of stars. Colby stood next to me then wrapped his arm around my waist as we went over to his car. He unlocked it and put the bag in the back of the car, then grabbed out a blanket and pillow he must of put in for this occasion. "Want to share the back row?" Colby asks tiredly and I nod with a small tired smile. He places the pillow against the inside of the door then lays down across the three seats. I squeeze in next to him just but I'm laying half on him at the same time.

I pull the blanket over the both of us and close the door so we were cosy snuggled together in the warm car. I rested my head on his chest just under his neck like I usually do and he holds me close to him. "Thanks for tonight Colby, I love you," I whisper, "Anything for you, I love you more," he whispers back while kissing the top of my head. "Not possible," I say even quieter as I fall to sleep to the sounds of Colby's heart beat and even breathing.