Chapter 21- Dinner Diner

Shout out tooo..... Hairy__Poppins !!! Thank you for your kind comments, they make my day! 🖤🖤🖤
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We pull up outside a retro looking diner called Dinner diner. Hopping out while still being cautious with my ribs, we walked towards the entrance still holding hands.

Colby opened the door for me like a gentleman and i smiled a thank you towards him. The restaurant was cute with its black and white posters of old celebrities and different cars. There was an old jukebox playing Elvis in the background and the choice of seats were either in the old fashion booths next to the windows or the stools under the counter. It was just like what you see in the movies.

"Why hello!" An elderly happy man said while he cleaned the counter with a cloth and spray. "Hi Greg," Colby greeted and i smiled. The only other people in here was a lady reading a book and sipping what looked like a milkshake, and a man and woman together in one of the booths. "I was starting to think you forgot about me young Colby," Greg joked while grabbing two menus. "Never, still the best place in town," Colby replies putting a smile on Greg's face.

"That's nice to hear Colby, but I think that McDonald's across the road gets more customers a day than I do in a year," Greg answers while glaring jokingly through the window at the lit up fast food restaurant. "Well I'm sticking with you Greg, I love this place," Colby laughs. "Well I'm glad some people around here appreciates real food when it's served in front of them," Greg answers tutting.

"Who's your pretty friend?" Greg kindly asks looking at me. "This is Riley, my girlfriend of 15 minutes," He laughs and Greg smiles. "Well congratulations, you two look good together," he compliments. "Thanks," I reply while giving Colby's hand a squeeze. "Go find yourselves a seat and I'll be with you in a minute," Greg says while heading through the swinging double metal doors into the kitchen.

"He seems nice," I comment as we walk to the corner booth next to the window and jukebox. "Yeah I've come here a lot since I've moved here, he makes the best milkshakes," Colby replies as we sit on the red cushioned seats across from each other, only being separated by the cream vanished table with the old metal rim around it.
(A/N-Picture Of restaurant at top)

"Order whatever you want," Colby offers while we each open our menus. "Thanks but at
least let me pay a bit," I argue. "Nope, nada, no," Colby denied while crossing his arms. I sit and shake my head, knowing I wasn't going to win this. Greg had come over and taken our orders, mine being a cheeseburger with Fries and a lime milkshake.

Colby got a Diner Dinner special - which is a type of burger, with a chocolate milkshake. I looked at my phone and was shocked to see it was 10:00pm, "what time does he close up?" I asked confused. "10:30ish usually," Colby answers. While holding my hand across the table.

I stared into his beautiful, piercing light blue eyes as they stared back at me. His chocolate brown swept to the side hair covered his left eye slightly in its usual style. "Did I mention how beautiful you look tonight, well tonight and every other day?" He asks with a loving cheeky grin. I look down blushing but he uses his hand to gently pull my face to look at him. "I love you Riley," he whispers meaningfully, "I love you too," i whisper back and he leans over to give me a peck on the lips

"Whoops sorry guys!" Greg clumsy says as he stumbles next to us and looks the other way. I laugh loudly and Colby does too, "you can look Greg," Colby states laughing still. "Sorry guys, didn't mean to interrupt ," he innocently replied while putting down our food that was in a small basket/bowl like thing, as they used to do. "All good," I laugh and thank him as he walks off. I pick at my bowl of chips and take a bite out the burger, "this is really good!" I mumble in surprise. "Exactly," Colby answers proud that he proved he was right.

"What do you think the guys at home will say?" I ask after taking a sip of the heavenly milkshake. "They'll be happy, they shipped us from the start,"he laughed and I nodded. "I could tell," I admit. "What about your fans?" I ask nervously, the question had bugged me for a while. "I guess when you're ready we'll tell them and they'll hopefully be happy for us... I'm going to let you know now, you'll get some hate sadly. Kat and Devyn have dealt with it for a while, just ignore it... and talk to me if anything upsets you," Colby protectively explains and I nod.

"But if you want you can be in more videos and the fans get to know you more, I'm sure they'll love you," Colby positively says. "I'd love too," I answer, I mean it'll be fun. "Sounds good," he confirms as we continue to munch on the food. It's was 10:45pm by the time we'd finished eating and drinking, Greg told us we could stick around as long as we want as he was doing stuff in the kitchen, but we were the only ones left.

"Wanna head home?" Colby offered and I hesitantly nodded in agreement, never wanting the night to end. We both got up out the booth and went to the cashier, Colby rang the small bell to get Greg's attention, and it worked as he came waltzing out the kitchen. "$23.80 all together please," Greg kindly asked and Colby gave him the money, I want to go object and pay a bit, but Colby gave me a warning glare so I shut my mouth.

"Thanks Greg, we'll come again soon," Colby promised and Greg nodded once, "I'll be waiting," Greg laughed and called out goodnight as we went out the doors. "Thanks Colby," I said as I wrapped my arm around his waist and leant towards him in a half hug. "You're very, very welcome," he answered while putting his arm around my shoulder and giving me a kiss on the head. I smiled at the small gesture as we got back into Colby's car and drove home.