Chapter 45- Colby Finds Out

A/N- Okay so I don't actually know what to do, 200k reads. I legitimately cant thank you enough. I know every single author on Wattpad says this but I mean it, its insane and I want to hug and say thank you to every single person who has read this book. I'm literally just a young girl who has no idea what she wants to do in her life, who decided to have some fun and write a book in 2017. I don't like my writing at all but to see you guys write those sweet comments every time I update feels me with so much joy. I don't get why anyone likes this book, so 200k reads in unreal. Thank you, Everyone Xx.

Thank you so much shortylynn1236, shout out to you for leaving so many nice comments Xx.

------

Colbys POV***

A man and woman rushed in holding medical bags and equipment. "Sir we need you to lay her down flat on the couch/Sofa and move away," The lady said. I didn't want to let go of her but I  had too. I did as she said and stood up while placing Riley down flat, then I walked over next to Sam. He placed his hand on my shoulder for reassurance but all I could do was stare at Riley as  the paramedic's looked at her vitals. 

They placed and oxygen mask on her face and stood up, "Severe panic attack, her body gave up from lack of air and that's why she's passed out. Once she's had a few minutes with the oxygen mask on, she will come around," The man said while writing notes down on a clip board. 

I sighed in relief that it wasn't life threatening. My heart rate went back to normal as I went over and sat on the floor in front of Riley, next to her head. I stroked her hair in a calming manner while being careful of the oxygen mask. "Does anyone know what may have triggered this panic attack?" The woman asked and everyone turned to me. "I have no idea, she was acting strange... like nervous? And she was looking at something on her phone and started crying and shaking," I explained and they nodded. 

"Alright, here's a couple of inhalers for her. Its a good idea for her to always have one around just in case," The man said while passing Elton a zip lock bag with three inhalers in it. Elton nodded as I heard a pain filled groan from next to me. 

I turned my head quickly to see Riley's beautiful eyes fluttering open. A pained expression filled her face as her hand went up to pull the oxygen mask off. I grabbed her hand to stop her doing so, and held it gently. "Its okay Ri, you're fine. You need that on okay?" I whispered as her eyes trailed to me. She coughed a few times but seemed to relax after a minute, "You had a panic attack and passed out, an ambulance has come to help and they have put an oxygen mask on you to help you breathe for a few minutes. You're going to be fine," I quietly explained to her. 

"Okay Riley, I'm going to take this mask off now and ask you a few questions alright?" The woman paramedic asked and Riley nodded slowly. She took the mask off and Riley took a few deep breaths while sitting up and holding her head in pain, "I have a horrible headache," She mutters and the man gives her a painkiller and some water.  "Okay first question, do your lungs still feel tight or better?" The woman asks while Riley takes the tablet.

"Better," Riley replies. 

"Okay, do you know what triggered this attack?"

"Yes."

"And what would that be?"

"I cant say."

"If it's personal I can understand that, but I'm going to need you to promise that you will talk to the person you trust most when you're feeling more up to it." The nurse says while putting her clipboard down. Riley nods sadly and I sit next to her while wrapping my arms around her protectively. The paramedics start packing up their equipment as Elton thanks them repetitively and shows them the door. "I thought I was going to loose you Ri, you scared me so much," I whispered to her, she looked up at me sadly and I pecked her lips. "Do you want to go lie down and have a sleep for a bit?" I offer and she nods tiredly.

I stand up and pick her up bridle style, "thanks guys," Riley whispers but its just loud enough for them to hear. They all reply saying  'its okay' or 'glad you're okay'. I carry her upstairs and turn to my room and walk towards it. I kick the door open and then closed behind us and lay her down under my covers and crawl in next to her. I snake my arms around her waist and hold her close to me as I listen to her even breaths. And like most nights, we fall to sleep in each others arms.

-

Riley POV***

I wake up in Colbys arms. I look out his window and see its dark outside. I feel my pocket for my phone which I grab and check the time, 4:45am. But under the time is another message from the unknown number.

Unknown: Awe poor little Riley, I didn't cause that did I? :(  Ah well you're fine anyway. And remember you must reply to me.

I unlock my phone unwillingly and click the contact. 

Me: What do you want? Leave my friends alone.

The typing bubble pops up immediately and I take a deep breath.

Unknown: I want you dead Ri-Ri. I didn't kill you, so I didn't get payed.

"Riley? Who the heck is that?" I hear Colby mutter tiredly from next to me. I quickly shut off my phone but Colby grabbed it and unlocked it using my password. I faced away from him as he scrolled through to messages. "What the heck Riley? Do you know who this is?" Colby asks while making me face him. "Mitch," I whisper while tears welled up in my eyes, "W-We have to go to the police," Colby worries and I nod and cling onto him, "This is what caused my panic attack," I say with my voice muffled in Colbys shirt. 

"Look at me," He whispers sternly, "Riley. I'm not going to let anyone, especially that psychopath, hurt you. I or one of the roommates are going to stay with you every second of every day until they're behind bars. I promise you Riley, I love you too much to loose you," Colby says with his voice full of love. "Okay. Thank you Colby, you're my everything, I love you so much," I reply with a croaky voice from holding back tears. He kisses me full of emotion and I  kiss back. "No one is going to get in the way of our happiness," Colby says. *Ding*

Unknown: No one is going to get in the way of your happiness...Except me :D