Chapter 16- Sleeping

Once we'd eaten, we set up the blankets and pillows for us to sleep on. I was lying on the far right with Colby next to me, and Sam on the other side of him, we were relatively close to each other for warmth. "Wanna listen to music? Maybe take away the
eerie-ness of this place," Colby asks taking out his phone. "Sure, as long as you don't put thriller on or something," I half joke and Sam nods fast in agreement.

"Fine," Colby says with an eye roll jokingly. Suddenly I hear the familiar sound of Rock DJ by Robbie Williams play through Colby's phone. I nod my head up and down to the beat, I mean who doesn't like Robbie Williams?

"Do you guys want to play jenga?" Sam randomly asks. "Yes," Colby agrees immediately while reaching in the bag to get it out. "Sure..." I agree looking behind me, not trusting the pitch black that engulfed almost everywhere around us. "We need something flat to set it up on," Colby states looking around us. "We could use a fallen grave," Sam offers, I'm hoping to god that he's joking. "No way, that's just low," I defend but he smiles meaning he was joking.

Crunch!

I look behind me quickly and Sam flashes a flashlight that direction too. Funnily enough we see nothing, I'm not sure if that's a good or bad thing. "Heard that too?" I ask Sam with a shaky breath, "Yep," he replies doing a 360 degree spin of the torch around us. "I didn't hear anything," Colby says with his eyebrows furrowed. I shrug not knowing how else to react. Ugh! I hate this! I want to leaveee!

I suck it up and Colby somehow manages to get the jenga to balance on the ground relatively well. "Are we really playing jenga in the middle of an abandoned haunted grave yard at... 12:33 in the morning?" I ask, checking the time on Colby's phone that was in front of me, now quietly playing Angles by Robbie Williams. "Yep, get use to this weirdness," Colby jokes patting me on the back. I pretend to fake cry and shiver suddenly, the temperature lowering quickly and taking me by surprise again.

I see Sam pull his Beyond the Norm, navy blue hoodie on more and I do the same, we give each other knowing looks quickly and I shake my head in disbelief. "Let's play," Colby commands as he checks the camera is still running. "Okay... I go, Riley, then you," Sam instructs while taking his first piece out. We ended up playing 3 rounds, which turned slightly violent due to our competitiveness, but the score was...

Colby-2
Sam- 1
Me- 0

So we learnt I'm not the best at that jenga but hey, it was fun and it took my mind off being haunted for the rest of life. "You guys wanna hit the hay?" Colby asked and I nodded while yawning. Sam cleared up the game and the few left out random objects lying around us. I lay back on my blanket and got into my sleeping bag, Colby and Sam followed my actions until we were all comfortable. "We'll keep the camera on tonight, just in case," Colby tells me, I nod as I feel my eyes close a bit.

"Night night, don't let the dead men bite," Sam says with sarcastic sweetness in his voice. "Sam!" Colby and I scold him while groaning. "Thanks, now instead of just having a nightmare, I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all," I sarcastically remark while throwing my head against the pillow. After that it is mainly silent, except for the occasional unexplainable snap or whisper of the wind. Whenever that would happen, one of us would ask if it was the others doing it, and every time it wasn't, we would try and make an excuse for the situation.

In the end I did get to sleep. But I was awoken by the sound of someone stepping right next to my head. I flung up, grabbed the torch next to me and shon it in the right spot, but nothing. Sam and Colby were still sleeping next to me unmoved and unable to be pranking me, but something was definitely behind me before and I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched. I looked at the phone and saw it was 3:33am. Oh great... that's just great.

The temperature had gone down even more and I was full on shaking in coldness... and fear. "Riley?.." Colby groaned out looking at me with tierd squinted eyes. "Sorry, I heard something stepping right next to my head," i explain softly. "I heard some strange things when you were asleep," Colby agreed. "Are you alright?" He asked looking at my hands, that were shivering as I pulled my sleeping bag over me more. "Freezing," I mutter also pulling my jumper on a bit better, searching for any sign of warmth.

He moved his hand on top of mine and gave me a worried glance, "you're frozen," Colby stated. I shrugged but lay down again, "move closer," Colby softly instructed. I gave him a confused glance, not that he would of seen it well. Our only light was a dim lantern behind us. I did as he said and he wrapped a comforting arm around me and pulled me towards his chest. "Damn Ri, you're absolutely freezing," he muttered pulling the spare blanket over us.

Colby on the other hand was warm, his arm wrapped around me was enough to make my skin go less numb, but sharing a blanket and having my head on his chest felt like sitting in front of a fire place at this point.

I unintentionally snuggled into him more and felt myself slipping to sleep. Again, but this time I felt safe... from "the dead men" as Sam says.
—————————————————————————————————————————
Shout out tooooo... Neko_animations ! Thank you for your kind comments and understanding! Means a lot!