Chapter 33- The party That Got Worse And Worse

"You sure?" I ask Devyn as I look in the mirror one last time.

"Definitely, you look gorgeous," she replies while slipping on her black high heels.

We were leaving for the party in the next 10 minutes, Devyn had let me borrow one of her really pretty dresses. It was a dark blue colour that was relatively short but not slutty. Devyn was wearing a cute purple dress and had her hair in a pretty plait/bun design. I had my hair naturally straight, and Devyn had done both our makeup. Mine was natural makeup, nude and brown colours, but Devyn went for more an arty look with a mixture of red and orange eyeshadow, and hot red lipstick. I slipped on a pair of black heels that Devyn also let me borrow, and grabbed my purse that I slipped my phone into seeing as it was just big enough.

"Girls!" Corey shouted from somewhere outside their bedroom, "Coming," I replied as we walked to the door. "You look beautiful babe," Corey says when he sees Devyn, "Thank you, Corey," she replies sweetly. We make our way down the stairs and I see all the other boys at the front door. The person who I first make eye contact with is Colby. His mouth hangs open for a second when he sees me, and to be honest, he was looking fineee. Riley, stop it.

Colby was wearing black skinny jeans and a grey shirt with a black leather jacket. I snap myself out of my daydream and divert my eyes to the others. "You guys look great," Sam commented while hugging Kat. "Thanks," I replied, "Alright let's go," Elton instructs as we leave the house. I go in Elton's car with Corey, and Devyn, while the others go with Colby in his car. It's about a 15-minute drive until we pull up to a house with heaps of cars around it and the loud booming of speakers from inside. We all get out and meet with the others at the driveway to the house. I could already see red party cups littered on the grass and a few couples making out.

"Let's go," Sam said while grabbing Kats hand. I followed lonely behind everyone else. "Elton!" a girl shouted from behind as we made it to the front door. "Amanda!" he smiled and gave her a kiss. "Oh my gosh, Riley hi!" She said while giving me a hug, I awkwardly hug back confused, "I don't know whether you remember me, but I was the girl there that night we found you, also Eltons girlfriend" She explained and it all made sense. "Oh my gosh, Hi. Thank you for saving me!" I sincerely say and she smiles, "Of course, I'm just glad you're okay," she nicely said. "Alright, lets party!" Elton called as we went through the door. All the couples left and Aaron walked over to see some friends, so Colby and I stood awkwardly. I don't make eye contact with him and wander off on my own to get a drink.

The kitchen is where all the alcohol was. I've only had a few drinks in my life, but tonight I felt the need to go a little crazy. I grab the first bottle I see and pour myself a drink into one of the unused red cups, I take a big swig and cringe. Meh, it'll do. I take my drink and go to the main room and watch the people around me. I then see Colby sitting on a couch with a really gorgeous girl, she was all over him and they were laughing and talking. She was skinny, had blonde hair with lots of makeup on, and wore a very short red dress that hugged her body tightly.

A ping of jealousy went through me but I tried to ignore it. "Hi pretty lady," I heard a deep voice say next to me. I turned around and saw a boy about my age staring at me with a grin. He was attractive with brown hair in a quiff and calming brown eyes, but not as cute as Colby. "Hi," I smiled, "What's a gorgeous girl like you doing here alone might I ask?" He said with a wink. "I came with some friends," I answered while taking another sip.

"What're you drinking?" He asked casually, "To be honest, I have no idea," I giggled and he laughed as well. "That's my kind of girl," He said while nudging me, "Try this," He said and handed me his cup, usually I wouldn't do this but tonight I didn't care, I took a swig and it was sweet and strong, but I really liked it.

"That's good," I commented, he nodded and took it back. "Want to go sit over there?" He offered while motioning with his head towards some bar stools a few metres away. "Sure," I agreed and let him take my hand and drag me over there, I took a quick glance in Colby's direction to see him burning holes into my head. The girl was practically trying to climb into his lap but he stared at me worriedly. I brushed it off and took a seat, "David by the way," he said and held his hand out to shake, "Riley," I replied and took his hand. "Beautiful name for a beautiful girl," he flirted and my cheeks went red, "Thank you," I lamely replied.

"What's with the scar on your face?" he randomly asked. My mind raced back to Mitch dragging the knife from the parting of my hair, past my eye and to my cheek. The scar had faded a lot thankfully, and the makeup helped it become less noticeable, but I guess it was still clear to see. "Long story," I answered while finishing my drink. David got up and grabbed him and I another drink.

"Thank you." I said as I took another big drink, "you're welcome," he smirked as he watched me down it, and then another one, and another one.