Chapter 31- How Could You?

Colby's POV***

I woke up and stretched my arms out, Riley wasn't next to me so she must have woken up and gone downstairs. I rolled out of bed and groggily stood up and grabbed a pair of skinny jeans and a shirt with Guns n' Roses on it. I checked the time and saw it was 11 am, then wandered downstairs to see the roommates doing various things, but when I walked down they all stopped and stared at me. "Hi, guys? What're you up to?" I laugh scared that I was about to get pranked. "Have you been on Instagram this morning Colby?" Sam asked worriedly, "No why?" I ask scrunching my eyebrows in confusion while taking my phone out from my back pocket.

No one replies so I quickly go onto Instagram where I have more notifications than usual. I press on a post I've repetitively been tagged in my eyes widen in shock. No no no, how did someone find this?! "Guys, what do I do?" I ask as my hands start shaking, "Where's Riley?" I said while looking around the room. "Colby she ran out the house crying this morning and didn't take her phone. Did you really cheat on her?" Elton asks with no emotion while staring at the ground. "You know the party we went to Sam? Last week? When Riley had a headache but told me to go anyway? A girl came up and started flirting but I pushed her away! I swear! But she kept clinging onto me, then randomly kissed me. I pulled away straight away," I said quickly as tears pricked my eyes. "Why didn't you tell Riley? She would've understood if you told her but now she had to find out like this," Corey said angrily. "I don't know, I was scared she was going to be mad, and I didn't know anyone took pictures, so I thought it wasn't a big deal!" I stuttered freaking out.

 "Well guess what? It's a big deal now," Elton says disappointedly while shrugging his shoulders and shaking his head before he walks back into his room. I sigh and bury my head in my hands. "How can I fix this guys? I Don't even know where she is," I ask no one in particular. "All her stuff is here, she has to come back right?" Aaron asks not too sure himself. "Yeah, I guess we just wait. What are you going to say?" Corey asks while hugging Devyn who was yet to look at me in the eyes. "Exactly what I just told you I think," I shrug, my mind racing 100 miles an hour. "Will she forgive me?" I ask looking at them all with pleading eyes. "She seems pretty forgiving, but she loves you Colby, and that would hurt a lot. No, it wasn't your fault but why the hell didn't you push this girl away? You shouldn't of let her flirt with you when you have a girlfriend, never-mind to the point she thinks it's okay to kiss you. Riley has been hurt so many times before, nearly killed by her last boyfriend, then you go and hurt her like this. What were you thinking? And we don't even know what she's doing, we have no way of contacting her and who knows, would this push her to the edge of self-harm? You're an idiot Colby and if anything happened to her I swear I'm going to make your life hell!" Devyn shouted at me before storming up the stairs.

I'm not upset she said all of that, I deserved it. I go back up to my room and flop on my bed and let a few tears fall. Please, Riley, come back to me.

Riley's POV***

It was 11 pm and I was still walking around the streets, obviously, it was very dark and I was scared by myself  with a few homeless people littered around me. I gathered I'd have to go home at some point, so I waited until now to head back, in hopes that the door would be open and they'd all be asleep. I will have to face Colby at some point, and I feel slightly bad that I haven't let him have a chance to explain. Maybe that happened before we dated? The only thing that stopped me believing that was he and Sam went to a party last week, but I had a headache and decided to stay home. I trusted him that nothing would happen at the party, but now I am questioning his loyalty.

I get home and put the password in so I can get through the gate. I take a deep breath and walk up to the door, I slowly turn there handle and cringe in annoyance when it doesn't unlock. "Damn," I curse to myself. I sigh in defeat and knock on the door loudly, hoping someone was awake to open the door for me. Suddenly I head the thundering of feet come to the door before it stops and the person hesitates before opening the door. It opens and I see Corey standing there with a relieved smile. "Riley," he states thankfully before pulling me into a bear hug. "We were so worried," he tells me with his voice muffled in my hair. We pull away and I shrug with a sad smile. "I just want to go to sleep If you don't mind," I whisper and he nods sadly and watches me slowly glide past him and up the stairs. I get to the top and go to turn towards my room when I see the one person I don't want to at the moment come down the hall, his normally bright eyes look up and meet mine and his face goes blank.

"Riley?"

"Colby."