Chapter 52- Back On Track

It's been a week since that day, and Colby has improved immensely. Everyday he is getting stronger and it's amazing to see him getting back to his usual self. Every morning and afternoon he has a physio session, and he's getting a lot stronger. I'm not allowed to go in while he has these appointments so I usually wait in his room, or go get a bite to eat or take a shower. Colby's still in a wheelchair but has been walking a bit more everyday. He's now able to do usual tasks like eating by himself, stretching to reach things and just generally being about to move more.

He's off the drip and heart monitor, so he can freely move more. Every morning and evening a nurse comes and changes his bandages that cover the stab wound. They showed me how to do it so when we leave I can change the bandages when we're home. The guys come and visit everyday, we play cards or just talk.

At the moment it was 5pm and Colby would be back from his physio session any minute. I was sitting on the edge of his hospital bed with my legs hanging off the edge. I scrolled through Twitter, looking at all the hate comments that still took up a good percentage of my feed. I heard a knock on the hospital door that tore my attention away from my phone. The sight in front of me nearly brought me to tears.

Colby walked into the room with no help or holding onto anything. He walked casually with a slight limp on his right side towards me. Once he reached me he stood in between my legs and kissed me gently. We pulled apart and he gave a cheeky grin. "I'm so proud of you," I sighed in adoration of the boy in front of me, while resting my right hand on his cheek. He moved his head a little and cutely kissed my hand. "That's not even the best part," Colby says leaving me in suspense. I look at him confused and he can't help but let a huge grin take over his face. "I can go home tomorrow," he whispers while leaning in for a kiss again. I let it sink in what he said then pull away from the kiss but leave our noses touching. "Seriously?!" I ask excited.

"Yes, I'm free tomorrow morning at 10am, that was the last session of physio. I've just got to do exercises at home and take the tablets," he giggles at my reaction. "Oh my gosh Colby!" I squeal happily while gripping him in a tight hug which he returns. We hold each other for a while until I pull away and sit back on the hospital bed so Colby can lay next to me. We snuggle together like usual, while putting on a movie from Netflix on Colby's laptop. I sigh in contentment and happiness knowing life would go back to normal tomorrow morning... well as normal as it can get at the trap house.

-

I woke up before Colby the next morning. His chest rose and fell in slow breaths as my head rested on it. I looked at the time to see it was 5am, why on earth did I wake up at this time? I grabbed my phone that was going strong on 9% battery, and sent a text to all the roommates to say Colby can leave today at around 10am. I scrolled through Instagram for a while until Colby stirred in his sleep. "Morning babe," he mumbles while kissing my head. Butterflies erupted in my stomach at the nick name. "Morning," I replied looking up at him. I received a text from Elton to say he was super happy Colby was coming home and he would come and pick us up at 10am. And I could not wait.

-

It was 9:50am now and the nurse that looked after Colby the majority of the time he was here, was doing the last check over. "Follow my finger," she instructed while holding it in front of his eyes. He watched it precisely as she moved it from left to right. Colby was standing as he was just made to walk some laps and touch his toes and reach his arms in the sky. Physically he was getting a lot stronger everyday, which was pretty amazing to witness. "Alright, you ready to go home?" The nurse asked with a big smile. "You have no idea," Colby laughed and I squealed from the chair I was sitting on and ran over to Colby to give him a big hug. "I'll go grab the paperwork," the nurse laughed at my eruption.

"I can not wait to eat proper food again, and be in the comfort of my own bed," Colby sighed dreamily at the thought. "Thank you for staying with me the whole time, I don't know if I could of done it without you," Colby cutely said while bending down to kiss me. I smiled at him in return, "of course, I would never leave." The nurse walked in with the paperwork for Colby to sign, and me as a witness to sign. "Thank you so much for saving me and being so amazing these past few weeks. I appreciate you and your work so much," Colby told the nurse when he'd finished. "Of course, it's my job. Thank you for not being difficult," the middle aged brunette replied. Colby went in for the hug, which melted my heart when they embraced. "I owe you my life," Colby continued as they pulled away from each other. "No, the biggest favour you can do for me is keep yourself safe," she answered.

Colby smiled and nodded his head while he grabbed my hand. I now held our three shopping bags full of stuff that we brought to the hospital over the time of our stay. We farewelled the nurse and walked slowly down the hospital corridor for the last time. A place I can't say I'll miss. Hopping in the elevator and pressing the ground floor, Colby texted Elton saying we were on our way. I walked past the canteen and gift shop that I'd come very familiar with on the ground floor. We made it to the exit of the hospital and Colby squeezed my hand slightly as we stepped through the automatic glass doors. "Freedommm," he called out while lifting his hand in the air that wasn't holding mine. I giggled and walked slowly at Colby's pace, towards the multi-story car park. Elton was waiting at the quick pick up bay. I helped Colby get into the front seat of Elton's car, then jumped into the back myself. "Nice to see you out that room," Elton bro hugged Colby awkwardly. "Thanks bro," Colby replied. "Home?" Elton cheekily asked. "Homeeee," Colby groaned.