Chapter 34- The Party That Got Worse And Worse, part 2

It was 11:30 pm and I had at least drank 7 cups of alcohol, maybe 9 or could have been 12, I have no idea. I was still laughing with David, but I was totally drunk. "And then, she shoved me in the pool," he finished his story laughing. To be honest, I'd hardly been listening to him this whole time, I was mainly just attempting and failing to make a tower out of the red cups.

"NO WAY!" I gasped completely drunk and went into a fit of giggles. I smiled at Sam as he walked past with Katrina into a different room full of people dancing. It was great, Colby was the last thing on my mind and I felt on top of the world. "Want to dance?" David asked and I got excited.

"Yes, yes," I childishly said while jumping up with my drink, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards the room with loud music and lots of people dancing. I threw my arms in the air and danced stupidly throwing my hair around to the beat of an Avicii song. David danced next to me slowly bringing his body next to mine, I can't remember how long we danced for, it felt like ages when David shouted to me "Want to go to a quieter room? Maybe we can talk," I was too drunk to understand what he was on about but I nodded and stumbled after him.

We walked back through the main room when I made eye contact with someone, hey I know that person! I should shout out to him, "Heyyyy Colbyyyy!" I slurred and laughed, as he stared at me with concern evident in his eyes. I felt David tug at my arm once again so I carried on walking, well stumbling after him. We went down a hallway with only a couple people around. "Riley!" I heard someone shout behind me. I turned around and saw Colby coming towards us.

"What's up?" I said as David wrapped his arms around my waist, I saw Colby watch him do it and he glared at David. "Just wondering what you're doing, with this stranger," He asked still glaring at David. "Don't worry mate, we're just going to have some fun, I'll take care of her," He smirked and looked down at me, I just smiled and laughed.

"Riley, you're drunk, come on," Colby said stubbornly as he reached out to grab my hand. "No Colby, me and my new friend are going somewhere quiet to talk," I replied as I pulled my hand away. "Yeah, come on mate, let her have some fun," David grimly said but I didn't take much notice of his tone. "No, I'm not going to let him take advantage of your drunk state," Colby replied. Then I realised something, "Wait, Colby, I don't like you, I'm mad at you, you cheated on me," I gasped upset, "Ohhh, so you're the bad guy here," David laughed loudly. "No, I'm not the disgusting guy taking advantage a drunk girl," Colby replied then suddenly grabbed me from Davids grip. "Heyyy!" I whined and pouted as I tried to push Colby away from me. "You know what? I can't be bothered dealing with this. Riley come with me now or I'm going to go find another girl," David said while rolling his eyes.

Then suddenly Colby launched at him and punched him straight in the nose. "You can't treat women like that you pig!" he shouted and pushed him to the ground. "Riley, We're leaving, Now!" Colby growled and grabbed my hand. "No, you hurt David," I said and pulled away to help David stand up, but as I held my hand out to help him, he shoved me back and I fell over easily thanks to my high heels. I hurtled towards the ground and I hit my head on the wall and the world started spinning around me. "Riley!" Colby shouted and came next to me and helped me sit up. Suddenly everything I had to eat and drink from the night decided to come up. I quickly faced away from Colby and threw up on the carpeted hallway, I felt Colby hold my hair back as I threw up again. When I felt better I sat up against the wall and saw David had gone and Colby was looking at me with concerned eyes.

"Please Riley, I've only had one beer, I'll drive us home," Colby said and I nodded tiredly. He sighed with relief and stood up, then helped me up. We walked back towards the main room, Colby had his arm around my waist helping me walk in a straight line. "Yo Sam! Riley's drunk and unwell, I'm bringing her home," Colby called out to Sam who nodded and put a thumbs up in response, while giving me a sad smile. As we were leaving the blonde girl who Colby was with came over to us and she glared at me. "Colby, why are you cheating on me already?" She asked looking at him sadly, "You're dating already?" I asked and anger boiled inside of me as I pushed him away. "No! I said I didn't want to go out with you," He answered to the blonde who rolled her eyes and walked past us with tears in her eyes.

"I promise Ri, I never said I'd go out with her, nor did I kiss her when she tried to kiss me," Colby said, looking at me while wrapping his arm around my waist and leading me towards the car. "I don't care anyway," I slurred and tripped over my own feet. "How many drinks have you had Ri?" Colby asked softly as he opened his car door for me, "Hmm I don't know. 5? 7? 10?" I answered while getting in and shrugging. "Oh god," he mumbled and put my seatbelt on for me.

The ride home was silent, I felt tired as the beer started to wear off. "Colby, why didn't you tell me?" I asked sadly. He looked at me quickly and sighed. "Because I knew you'd hate me and never want to talk to me again, but I guess that didn't matter anyway," he answered. "Were you ever planning on telling me?" I asked and chocked on my own words as a lump formed in my throat. "I don't know, I didn't know photos were taken, and honestly, as soon as she kissed me I pushed her away and told her to stay away from me. I left the party straight away," he said.

"Then what? You came home and hugged me and kissed me like nothing happened," I said as tears fell on my cheek.

"Riley-"

"No don't, actually, I don't want to hear it right now,"

"Please listen to me."

I shook my head and rested it on the car window as more tears fell from my eyes. We made it home and I was able to walk myself to the front door and up to my room. I left Colby behind as he went into the kitchen. I changed into a jumper and short shorts then lay on my bed. I heard my door creak open and footsteps coming towards me. "Here's a drink of water if you want," Colby's voice said as he placed a glass on my side table. "Thank you," I mutter half asleep as he left my room.

And that was it, I was out like a light.