Chapter I - A Bad Dream

"You can't just leave! You're my only friend! What will I do without you?", cried a childish voice in the dark. "You'll be fine. You're the strongest person I know.", said another voice, just as childish as the first one, calmly and then there was the quite sound of a kiss, which echoed trough the black. "I need to go now. We're gonna meet again someday. I won't forget you, I promise. Goodbye, Kurt." "Goodbye, Barry..."

Kurt shot up, sweaty and eyes wide open. "Gosh, not this dream again...", he groaned, burying his face in his palms. He stayed like this for a moment to lower his heart beating. Then he checked the time on his phone laying on his nightstand and groaned again because he only had about half an hour before he needed to get up.

Deciding this 30 minutes wouldn't make any difference, he got up and went to his bathroom for a shower and his daily moisturizing. That took the 30 minutes and by the time he finished, his alarm clock got of and he hurried to stop it so he wouldn't wake up his dad. He deserved the extra hours sleep on his free days.

After he dried his hair, he changed his clothes (it took his time too because he got to many clothes and still nothing to wear), packed his bag for the day and made breakfast for everyone before he ate something himself.

Finn was the second, who got up but didn't feel the need to put something on and so he came out of his room only dressed in his boxer shorts and to much sleep in his eyes to be possibly awake. He looked more like a zombie than a human and he even talked like that: "G'mrning.", he mumbled and let himself fall on one of the chairs.

"Good morning.", chirped Kurt smiling and shoved a table full of fried eggs and bacon under his stepbrothers nose, who thanked him and began to eat.

"I'm gonna drive now. I wanted to meet up with Blaine before school, see you later. Don't forget your keys, just in case, understood?", he demanded and put on his jacket in the hall and looked into the kitchen. Finn just nodded and gave Kurt a thumbs up.

Kurt rolled his eyes, took his bag and leaved the house, driving to school and meeting with Blaine at the same place in the school halls as everyday.

"Hey.", he said with a small smile. "Hi.", grinned Blaine and turned around but lost it when he saw Kurt. "Hey, is everything okay? You look a bit like you just saw your cat die." "I don't have a cat." "You know what I meant." Kurt sighed and opened his locker to put some books in and some out. "It's nothing. Just a little nightmare I thought I won't dream of again." They started to walk down the hall. Blaine looked at his boyfriend questioningly. "What was it about?"

"Nothing to bad. I didn't even see anything. It was all black and I heard two childish voices saying goodbye to each other. It was the voice of an old childhood friend, who moved away, and my own. He was my only friend back then."

"Oh... Where did he moved to? Why?", he continued asking.

"He moved to France because... It's a personal thing and he wouldn't want me to talk about it. Could we talk about something else, please? I don't want to think about him."

"Oh, yeah sure. So..."