Chapter X - Chandler (Part one)

"I can't believe why're you acting like this! I thought you were my friend!"

"First of all: You being a drama queen definitely hasn't changed since our childhood. Second: I am your friend and third: I don't "act", I am actually like this. I-"

"Ehm... Excuse me.", interrupted someone Barrys at least two-minutes-speech about why he was right and Kurt was not, "I really don't want to bother you two. I just want to say that I think your hippopotamus head branch is awesome! Your whole outfit is amazing! You must get compliments all the time."

A cute blond guy, shorter then both Barry and Kurt, with black glasses and beanie grinned brightly.

"I don't, actually.", Kurt answered, looking at Barry without turning his head.

"Uhm... Sorry? I thought your so called boyfriend would gave you compliments. Is kinda part of his job.", said the other guy holding his hands up in defense.

"Don't put Blaine into this, again! Sorry", Kurt said to the stranger and smiled apologeticly, "I'm Kurt Hummel and this idiot over here his is Ba-."

"I can introduce myself! Sebastian Smythe, hi.", Barry said, confusing Kurt with the name of his alter ego.

"Chandler Kiel.", the stranger said, a lightly irritated smile his self on his face, "I go to North Lima High. I've got an audition next week and I'm dying to do "Rainbow High" from "Evita" but the guy just said their sold out which is a preposterous lie~."

"O...kay, I am just going over there and let you two talk.", minor confused Barry said, pointing to the other half of the shop and slowly backing away.

"Do what you want!", Kurt said to his friend and turned back to Chandler, "What are you auditioning for?"

"Uhm, the musical theater program at NYU."

"That's so funny! I'm auditioning for Nyada. I have a callback in a couple of weeks."

"Nyada called back? Ulala.", Chandler grinned, "What song are you doing?"

"I'm not sure, uhm I have to find the perfect Whitney Houston song.

"OH MY GOD!", Chandler ran around the shelf full of music sheets. This and his loud exclamation got the attention of some of the costumers around them, Barrys too. "You. Must. Do. "One moment in time"!"

Barry, standing further away from both of them looked at Chandler and Kurt suspiciously while they were talking. He understood every word they said; listening to what both of them had to say was strange and when Chandler asked for Kurts number and he actually gave it to him, the strange feeling certified itself.

Kurt had a boyfriend and that guy was obviously flirting with him but he did it like it was nothing.

Had they problems in their seemingly flawless relationship? Were they at the edge of breaking up? Why didn't Kurt say anything? Didn't he trust Barry enough? Was their friendship at the edge of falling apart too?

Okay, no. That won't happen. Why had Barry such thoughts?! That was absurd. Kurt wouldn't end their friendship like that. Why was Barry thinking such things?

He sighed and made his way next to Kurt, because Chandler had to leave. "So... You don't have relationship problems, do you?"

"What? No, why should I?" And even though Barry saw that Kurt lied, he ignored it -for the moment- and answered the question: "That guy was obviously flirting with you and even asked for your number, that you gave him!"

"It's nothing like that! We are just... He didn't want to loose contact so fast, so we exchanged numbers. I think, would we have met on a later date than we did, we would have done the same. And yes, even if I had a boyfriend."

"That would have been something entirely different! I would have not flirted with you if I wanted to just be friends with you! Also he knew you have a boyfriend and he still didn't stop!"

Kurt looked at Barry quietly for a moment before he started to leave the shop.

"Where are you going?", asked Barry a bit confused.

"I'm walking away from you!"

"But you haven't chosen a song yet!"

"I'll come back later, without you!"

"Nnnnggggh.", was the last thing, Barrys mouth let out before he went after his best friend who was getting on Barrys nerves.

Just a bit, but still.