Chapter XVIII - National Problems (Part three)

Kurt walked down the hall to put his phone back to his room. He needed to get his tie that he forgot in there and thought his phone was safer in there than an unlocked changing room but he didn't get there because he suddenly got pulled into another room by a hand that suddenly appeared out of nowhere, rushing forward and he let out a breathless scream

"Hi", Barry whispered, his breath tickling Kurts nose. There was a tense second, no one said anything and they hold their breath for that moment. They noses where nearly touching and they looked deeply into each others eyes.

Then they started to laugh.

"You scared me!", Kurt said still laughing and punched Barry lightly on the chest.

"Oww, I'm sorry! I just wanted to chat for a bit. I know you're nervous. I would be too if the Warblers had won against you..."

"Oh, I am so sorry! You deserved to win so much more than my glee club did."

"Oh, shut your sarcastic mouth. No, I'm quit happy you won. Now I am able to see you doing what you love."

Kurt raised an eyebrow. "Winning?"

"Yeah that too but furthermore dancing and singing and simply being on stage.", he smiled down at Kurt, "It's... beautiful. Just like you."

"B-Barry... You know I have a boyfriend. You can't jus-"

"Aww, c'mon. Now I'm not allowed to give you compliments? I thought you would like me to do so? You said something about that when we met Chandler."

"I know and I'm flattered -you know I am- but... Barry... If someone heard that - saw how we are standing here... They would think we are in love and I-"

"And I am!"

"But I'm not! Barry, I am in love with Blaine and it's going to stay like that!"

Barry suddenly seemed numb as if he realized something that shocked him in a paralyzing way and he stared down at Kurt, then shook his head and closed his eyes for a moment.

"Oh god Kurt, I am so sorry. I-I don't know what that just was... I'm sorry, really. I don't know what came over me.", he groaned and took his head into his hands.

"Hey, it's okay.", Kurts calm voice surprised Barry for a second although he knew Kurt and that he saw Barry feeling not that well in some kind of way.

"Are you feeling okay? Do you wanna sit down? Do you need anything? Wate-"

"Kurt, hey Kurt, I'm fine. I'm sorry, I scared you. It wasn't my intention but I'm okay now and you are going to be late if you don't go now."

"Oh, you're right! Are you really feeling fine?"

"Yes, go now. We'll talk later."

Kurt nodded and turned to the door.

"Hey Kurt?"

"Yeah?"

Kurt turned again and suddenly felt lips lightly kiss his forehead.

"I platonically love you very much and wish you good luck. You're gonna win this and then we're having a movie night."

"Yay! And thank you. I love you too -platonically.... And what if I don't win?"

"Then there will be no movie night!"

"Nooo. Okay, I win the Nationals! For the sake of our movie nights!"

They both laughed again, said their goodbyes and hurried off to change for this big evening.

------------------

They won! They actually won! Kurt cheered with the others on stage but at the same time he tried to find Barry in the audience.

Barry was smiling and cheering loudly. He was so happy for Kurt and his glee club. They deserved the victory.

Kurt finally found Barry and smiled at him.

Barry smiled back and cheered even louder.

Blaine suddenly pulled Kurt into a hug that forced him to look away from Barry.

Barry saw this as his chance. He quickly stood up and run back to his room to grab something he wanted to give Kurt.

When Blaine let go of him, Kurt searched for Barry but he was gone, his seat empty but Kurt didn't felt angry or sad. Barry had an explanation for him, surely, and it would wait for him in form of a text in his phone.

Barry smiled at the bouquet in his hand. Yellow roses surrounded cream colored that surrounded a single peach colored one. All of those roses had a meaning and he was sure Kurt knew about all of them... and he also would be pissy about the color scheme.

When Kurt and the rest of the New Directions got back to their changing room they found a silent rose bouquet laying on the table a little note in front of it and written on it in beautiful drawn letters stood "For Kurt".

Barry giggled as he walked down the hall hearing Kurt shout "Before you say anything: I don't know who that was!"

B: Don't you know that you shouldn't lie in a relationship?

His phone was probably in his room but Barry had found that too funny not to say and he kept giggling as he turned around the corner.

About twenty minutes later he received the answer.

K: Couldn't you put them like ANYWHERE ELSE? Blaine wouldn't let go for about FIFTEEN minutes.

B: And where? I wouldn't have had a chance to give them to you personally, I had no key to your room and they could have get damaged if I laid them on the floor in front of your door.

K: Oh... you're right, sorry... And thank you. They're beautiful even though those colors don't really go together, you know that?

And there it was!

B: Yes, sorry. But you know what I wanted to say with them?

K: Yes, of course. Yellow is for friendship, cream for appreciation and peach for gratitude. Why the last one though?

B: I'm grateful that you are in my life :)

K: You are too cute. Thank you, really. :)

B: You're welcome.

K: Sooo... Now when is that movie night happening?

B: ...

K: You promised me!

__________________________________

1050 words, yas baby, yeeeeees!!!!

Maybe I'll get  another chapter done tomorrow, won't promise anything though!