Chapter V - Scandals in Scandals

Kurt had a bad feeling about this.

He didn't wanted to go to Scandals. Not with that stupid prep school boy there, looking at Blaine -his boyfriend- like he was his prey.

Sipping his Sherley Temple he sat there, watching them both dancing and having fun. Blaine had a few beer and was now not even bothering to look over to Kurt. He had just eyes for that stupid basta- No, no, nope! Kurt is not going to curse on this level only because there was someone hitting on Blaine.

He narrowed his eyes and took another sip while trying to kill him with his eyes.

"Better watch your boyfriend", sad a voice suddenly next to him and Kurt turned around, "Can I have a beer, please?"

The barkeeper put a green beer bottle in front of the guy who turned out to be Dave Karofsky. Kurt let out a little laugh and asked: "So, how is life at the new school?" "Fun," he nodded but Kurt wasn't happy with that answer and looked at him until he continued: "Ya know, I just want to have a normal senior year and play football without my playmates hearing rumors about me."

"Just that you know, I wouldn't have told anyone. It's not who I am."

Kurt looked at his boyfriend and that one's dance partner. Finally Blaine looked to him, but only for a short time and only with the look on his face that said: "I'm having so much fun right now!"

Then Kurt turned back to Karofsky.

"So, you come here all the time?"

"People like me here, I feel accepted.", he shrugged and then smiled. "I'm what they call a bear cub." "Because you look like Yogi?" Dave chuckled. "I don't know. Maybe because I'm burly or something?"

Kurt nodded hesitantly and looked down into his drink and nodded. Maybe Dave misinterpreted that because he continued with: "What's up? Is this the part where you judge me?"

Kurt didn't know how he had come to that conclusion, but to not let him misinterpret another of Kurts actions, he said calmly: "No. As long as you're not beating people up, I am all for move forward for whoever you have to be at your own speed.", he looked to Blaine again, who finally looked back with a look, that asked: "Want to come join us, join me?"

He excused himself by Karofsky, who just chuckled and let Kurt go straight to Blaine and Sebastian to separate them and keep a distance between his boyfriend and the Meerkat.

The just called Meerkat danced around both of them so he stood behind Blaine and smirked at Kurt, like he wanted to say: "Well done, but what about now?" and Kurt replied with taking Blaines hand and twirling him around so that Kurt again was between them.

He looked behind him and saw a defeated but also amused smirk. "I give up, you've won," it told him and then he made his way back to the bar, letting Kurt and Blaine dance alone for a few songs until they got a bit exhausted and returned to the bar themselves.

As the night was getting older and the room seemed to get hotter, Kurt decided to roll up his sleeves a bit. Normally, he wouldn't do that because that outfit with rolled up sleeves doesn't look as well but in that club was no one sober enough to care about that and in his case -it was a bit too hot to care about that little bit of difference. He still looked fantastic.

"The scar...", he suddenly heard someone mumbling next to him. "What was that, Meerkat?"

It seemed like he was ripped out of a dream and Kurt heard a quite crackling noise before the other guys hand was on his neck. "Ah, fuck.", he muttered and rubbed it a little to make the pain go away.

"Are you okay?", he wanted to ask, but he got asked that question so oft these last days, that he had enough of it and let it be. Also, he wanted to ask the guy who had been dancing most of the time with his boyfriend if he was okay. Nope, wouldn't happen.

That guy should suffer. Even if it was just a little stinging pain in the neck.

________________________________________________________________________________

It took about two weeks for Kurt and Blaine to stumble over (or more likely get stumbled over by) the Meerkat -and yes, Kurt really started to like that nickname.

They were both rambling about what problems they had to face in the last few days or going to face when suddenly he stood beside their table... and then sat their table... and talked to Blaine... and starred at his ass when he stood up to get a refill.

"I don't like you.", he stated when the Dalton student turned back to him, but at the same time Kurt said that, he said "I don't like your boyfriend." with a dead serious expression.

"W-what?"