Chapter II - The coming out (Part one)

The following week was pretty rough for Kurt because he couldn't focus. Every time he wanted to read something, listen to a teacher or just think about the most normal things, like what he wanted to eat, his thoughts drifted away and landed on Barry. It felt like he had a crush on him, that definitely didn't really existed because he loved Blaine and some thoughts about another guy wouldn't change that!

It was strange though. He thought and remembered so much of Barry but somehow, he couldn't remember his face. Mostly he heard Barrys and his voice and saw some pictures of places they were when they talked but never really remembered them doing stuff with actual memories that were moving. He felt like his mind didn't want to remember those memories. Maybe he subconsciously locked those memories away so he didn't hurt himself too much by thinking about them since he knew he won't see Barry ever again.

He let out a little sigh and everyone on the table turned to him. All the Glee kids sat outside and ate their lunch while talking about anything and nothing but now all conversations died down. "Everything is fine, guys. Stop worrying, it's nothing, really.", he groaned and stabbed his salad with the fork in his right hand, his left hand holding up his head that would fall right into the salad without it's help, because...

"You look tired, Kurt." Because of this. "Is really everything okay? You know, you can talk to us. We're your friends.", asked Mercedes worryingly but Kurt just nodded. "Didn't sleep that well last night. I forgot some homework and woke up around midnight to do them. Got my whole sleeping routine out of balance."

That was a straight lie. Kurt hadn't forgotten his homework -he never did. He just got one of his dreams again but woke really up around midnight... and then again around four o'clock. Those dreams were getting tiresome... Pun not intended.

This time, he saw the house in which Barry lived. It was a beautiful house and Kurt liked to be there. Especially since his mom died, it was a little distraction. Also Nora became like his mom, just like Kurts mother Elizabeth had been one to Barry. Likewise with their fathers.

You could see the shadows of two boys sitting under a tent like thing made out of blankets, the bed standing in middle of the room and some pillows. The surrounding was dark. Shadows tried to catch them but they had both flashlights to keep those and all the other bad things away.

They were young. About nine or ten years of age and talked about all kind of stuff. it started with their school days, even though they knew most of the stories because they nearly never left each others side. Then they talked about a girl they both liked. Not in the love-kind of way. She was just a nice girl. Not as mean as every one else on their school seemed to be but still, she was no real friend of them. Then suddenly, the subjects were getting darker and more serious.

"Barry", said one of the boys and tried to get into a more comfortable position, "you know, you can talk to me about everything. I won't hate you, even if you told me you murdered someone. ... You didn't murdered someone, did you?"

"No! No, of course not. It's just... It's stupid. I don't even know if it's true!" "Just tell me. Come on. Rip the bandage off." "Okay...", he sighed and then: "IthinkIlikeboyslikeIshouldlikegirls." "Oh." "Oh?!" There was a small giggly smile to be heard. "Good to know." "You...You don't hate me?" "No, why should I?" "Because I- Never mind. Thank you." "Thank you for telling me."